Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole reviews - Best quality verses value

WCF

Help Support WCF:

terry2sheds

I have been using Gardner CLX 27 for the last couple of years and I am very happy with them - I am about to invest in another couple of poles - has anybody got any opinions of better value/better quality brands - I think the Gardner range is expensive or am I just being a tight wad ?

These poles are an expensive purchase. I would love to try out different poles to compare them. However, I went through quite a few before finding Gardiner's and they were by far the best quality and value for money. I know there are other poles now that have had some pretty good reviews (the Vipers for example) but Gardiner's SLX range work well for me. They have a nice balance of weight vs rigidity. I found the CLX 22 and 27 somewhat harder to handle at height which bothered my wrists and shoulders quite a bit. I've still got an 18' and 27' CLX but they are my backup poles in case of emergency.

I nearly got my SLXs nicked a few weeks ago when I left them in my car by mistake. Fortunately, though the thieves managed to break a window, my car was parked too close to a wall for them to get them out.

I've had over the years

Extel? 25' as my first pole. The stress and damage that heavy pole did, I'm paying for now

Brodex predator? 18'

Facelift 18

Then many Gardiners from clx slx and a mk 2 extreme

Exceed 18 tubeless pole. Lighter than the 18' slx as stiff but poor clamps.

I'm about to replace my 18 & 22 slx's with the mark 3 extremes, but they are so much money that I'm struggling to part with. It's a holiday ffs.

Buy the lightest you can afford.

your tight , slxs for normal work and anything above 35ft we use the new ultimates poles well worth the money we like them better then the extremes

my mate uses slx22 i,m playing with the slx25 we swopped poles today he neaded my 25ft to get over extension

the difference in the weight is noticeable

22ft does 80% of our graft plus it is shorter pole, if you can afford short pole for your general graft 18ft -22ft then you 25ft bigger stuff

I have been using Gardner CLX 27 for the last couple of years and I am very happy with them - I am about to invest in another couple of poles - has anybody got any opinions of better value/better quality brands - I think the Gardner range is expensive or am I just being a tight wad ?
Thanks lads - I guess i will stay will gardener -thanks for the feedback- good forum !!

ok guys hope your all enjoying your bank holiday

I was on youtube the other day the subject was WFP hose inside or have it hanging loose ( straught away I thought fluke that with it hanging loose catch everything) anyway the crack is he took the hose out the pole and cleaned it with abit of scrim. See the muck the hose was collecting really bad and grity, its not going to do your pole any gd

this is going to damage inside of pole and clamps .So next week going to try the hose on outside and see how i get on ,if it is going to save your pole what a winner, or is it going to catch on everything

duncs stop over thinking things , we never clean our poles , and treat them real bad , ive even dropped my slx three storeys i bend them in two closeing windows , ect ect and there still going strong after 18 months

When the ground was wet I did have a problem with grit getting into and jamming my CLX poles come to mention it, but never my SLXs. Don't know why. Just did.

My poles have been converted to tubeless now which makes them real quick to clean, even if I have to do it during a day. Just pull the top section out and either jet the hose down them or push small piece of rag down them. But to be honest I haven't felt the need to for some time. Usually wiping them down accasionally is sufficient.

Latest Posts

Back