standing orders/direct debits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Jun 23, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

Hiya. have any of you guys use these? I didnt think it could work for me as my round takes 7-8 weeks to complete (weather dependant) and these are usually 4wkly/mnthly but was advised today that if i offered a slight discount to my customers if they set up a monthly payment it would be much better for my cash flow (fair point?) all i would need to do is work out how many times custies w/c per year then apply it monthly....What do you guys think?

OH ORICAL OF THE WINDOW CLEANING WORLD!!!:p:huh::blush::angel:

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Standing order and direct debit can be set to come out any time. amount of each clean multiply by the amount per year divided by 12 will give the monthly amount your customers need to pay if they set a standing order monthly
    :p
    With cash flow try to keep 3 months operating costs in the bank.

3. kars

kars Guest

Take it that would be to cover the winter months?? Or is it just good practice?:-/

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Good practice,but easier said than done.Only thing with d/d and s/o you have to make sure you clean their windows even in winter

5. kars

kars Guest

Yeah would only be able to offer it to the less rural as some of our areas are unaccessable in winter. Would offer them bank transfers. Was considering offering S.A.E. for the ones who want to pay by cheque (2nd class of course) but realise there are draw backs to that too.
    Its a mine field!! lol

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Bank transfer via Internet banking or Phone.Or a Cheque hidden in a pre-arrange place.The bank has to offer alternatives to cheque when they faze them out so I wouldn't worry too much

Advertisement