Start big

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by CVD, Nov 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CVD

CVD Newcomer

Hi all!!! I want to start canvassing. I want to be able to leave my current job by Xmas so want to have enough custys to make up at least £1000 pm by then. Is it possible? What is the best way of going about things? I'm just looking for tips and advice of how to gain custys the quickest way I can. Thanks in advance everyone. :)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Don't run before you can walk I say as you need to hone your window cleaning skills first so the customers you get you keep happy by doing a good job. Which method of window cleaning will you be using?

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's not too hard if you get canvassing only need to make 50 quid a day mon-fri 4 weeks a month
    That's between 5 and 6 average 3 bed houses daily
    I'm sure a few hours canvassing daily then clean em as soon as you get em and you'll be well on your way

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Smurf is right but i reckon 5 jobs a day at a slow careful pace and you can manage it
    When it gets too dark start door knocking

5. CVD

CVD Newcomer

I'm using the traditional methods... Been cleaning my family and friends houses and asked them for an honest opinion. And got all 3 as regulars.

6. TolishAPurd

Anythings possible in this game. You just need to dedicate your days to getting your name out there. Door knocking isn't my cup of tea but it does seem to get the best results so that would be a good start. Lots of leaflets, and a few adverts free and paid for should get a few people in. Facebook page and a website is a good idea too. When I first had my website made I hardly got any enquieries, but now its been livea while people are starting to find it in my area and I'm getting a nice little trickle of work from it. But the best thing about a website is that I can have people pay me with it, instead of having to go collecting. You need to put a lot of time and effort in to get things going but keep pushing and it will soon come. Good luck with it all, and let us know how you get on.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

once read about a bloke on the Channel islands who door knocked night and day and built up a stonker round in a short time, cant remember how long it took,but it was only months.
    ruthless door knocking , and follow ups ,is the only way to build one from scratch in a short time

8. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

I prefer the "slowly slowly catchy monkey" approach myself...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

certainly if building a round up quickly ,you will attract a lot more of the sh/t customers , than if you built up slowly

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. TolishAPurd

Agreed, most of my best customers are the ones that came looking for me as opposed to me offering my services to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement