Start up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Matt Barnett, Feb 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matt Barnett

Matt Barnett Member

I'm currently working for someone with I good ongoing business using long reach pole system 4 years now I've been with him & wanting now to start up on my own.. I have many questions but mainly now I was wondering if anyone is using a hot wash system & are the benefits as good as I hear? The area I'm in nobody is using it.. I'm looking at a diesel run hot tank to run with a 350lt tank built in a vw caddy.. I understand the cleaning of hot & cold wash.. I would like to know the cost of using & the bad points.. Everything has a bad point

Advertisement
  2. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

i am currently building my own diesel hot stystem matt,when i look at the two options gas and diesel the gas is simpler in operation,very cheap to enter the hot water option,diesel is an expensive stystem to purchase/service and maintain
    for instance should the pump go its £248,thats two and a half gas heaters,the daily running costs i beleive are around the same,the only reason i am going for the diesel option is that i have my dog with me and i prefer him not to inhale the fumes from the heater,(not an option to open the windows as he'll be out of the van before i knew it)

3. Matt Barnett

Matt Barnett Member

4. Matt Barnett

Matt Barnett Member

The guy I work for is using cold water he has 2 vans I'm running a 600Lt ionic system built in to a Renault trafic lwb & the 2nd van is a 350lt.. I very rarely use the full tank.. I can do a £300 day & use just under half a tank. He runs a large client Base. The area I'm in is getting bigger there's a huge ask for homes so alot of areas are being built on.. There's room out there for me.. There's also no other company running a hot wash in the local area. I've done alot of research & research on systems to start me off.. Like I said I've been doing it for 4 years. I've fallen for the 350Lt xline.. The diesel heater from them is a high price of 2995 so I don't think I'll be going there.. I could go for the beginners kit for a grand but after running nice equipment for such a long time it would drive me mad using something I'm not sure will last 6 months.. Got plenty of idea's & ways to get the custom but don't want to be to keen.. Even thought of renting a van for a year? I'm definitely going for the hot wash do you know a good place to look for the gas systems?

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Advertisement