Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inaccurate TDS meter??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rafawindowcleaning

Hi everyone have a bit of a problem bought a tds meter when.starting out in sept last year and lately changed my resin for a bunch of first cleans. I have a 250l tank and has used maybe eight tanks of pure (2000 liters) on the new resin and my tds meter started showing 011-012 reading. I live in a soft water area and do not use ro my tds from tap is 84. My di vessel is 11l and very surprised that after 8 tanks it.crept up to 11. I cleaned 8 houses on Friday with it and no complaints and received all the payments on line for them over the weekend so they could not have been bad. Is it a case of bad readings? I have found an eBay auction that shows two tds readers on the pic and states that one is a fake and one is genuine. My looks like a fake one. I am ordering that genuine one but my question is is it possible that resin gets used so quick? Or is it more likely just a bad reading from the meter? Thanks for all the replies guys

There are a lot of cheap 'fake' tds meters available on line. Better to buy one from a reputable wfp dealer.

If you look on www.daqua.co.uk they do a testing fluid with a known tds. This means you can test your meter and adjust the reading to suit.

Our tap tds does fluctuate between 115 and 90. So it is possible that your water quality could also change affecting your resin use.

Suspect the tds meter is faulty though.

Water quality deffo fluctuates here in the northwest, i have been told by a mate who works for rps water that they blend water in summer from harder areas, when i started with just one di tap water was 034, then went to 2 di's but tap water was creeping up to 096, it goes through resin like billy'o when its at these tds readings.

And if you dont check very regularly it doesn't take long before you're using high tds water for cleaning.

Clean your own windows. Rinse well. If it spots, tds is too high.. If it don't, it 'aint.. Do it once a week. Keeps the missus happy too /emoticons/tongue.png

Cheers guys it must be faulty meter tho yesterday morning checked it again and it.was 000. Going to check it this morning too before filling up. Thanks for the replies

Another possibility could be water flow rate of your tap. Resin lasts much longer when the water flow is slower.

When you start producing pure water the outlet ppm reading from the di and from the end of transfer hose may be higher too so run it for a couple of mins then check it again. I've noticed this when I'm transfering 000 ppm from a static ro/di ibc holding tank to my van tank. Also mentioned the higher the flow is set the less time the di resin has to work so turning the flow down might help.

talk about tds meaters i got a new one of e.bay £5 all in as me other got spoked well dryed it out still dident wrk hence i got a new cheep one well i swaped the battorys around an ha presto my old one wrks:rolleyes: wat a plonker springs to mind:oops:,well any way to day im off wrk so filled me tank redy for to moz an checked tds oo5/006 so i changed resin any way geting to the point:D i checked me tap water with new tds meater 060 so tryed with old meater 065 just goes to sho how tds meaters can vairy /emoticons/smile.png

well for £5 what do you expect...now which one is giving the right reading?/emoticons/biggrin.png

would you change resin showing TDS reading 005/ 006take top off resin and give it gd stir readings drop 000 resin lasts longer
ill give that a try duncs:) how much longer do u get out of ur di after sturing it???

my readings was creeping up very early, sure i made **** of changing resin, so was advised to stir the resin

been doing this three weeks,it is just now that it needs changed it has just starting to creep up to 003

thanks duncs ill give that a try i have hurd people doing it but never new u got that mch extra out of it /emoticons/smile.png nce one

talk about tds meaters i got a new one of e.bay £5 all in as me other got spoked well dryed it out still dident wrk hence i got a new cheep one well i swaped the battorys around an ha presto my old one wrks:rolleyes: wat a plonker springs to mind:oops:,well any way to day im off wrk so filled me tank redy for to moz an checked tds oo5/006 so i changed resin any way geting to the point:D i checked me tap water with new tds meater 060 so tryed with old meater 065 just goes to sho how tds meaters can vairy /emoticons/smile.png
tench makes me laugh!! spends load of cash on poles brushes all the gear and time .

£5 ebay for your TDS nice one wife would say bargain!!

tench makes me laugh!! spends load of cash on poles brushes all the gear and time .£5 ebay for your TDS nice one wife would say bargain!!
haha i was haveing a scruge day lol /emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D

Back