Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hmmm i did something new today....

cheapncheerful

well I was late as usual....and lost on a council estate looking for a house I cleaned a year ago after the third drive past I decided sat nav had to come out...of course I was only round the corner ...I turned left instead of right well suppose it was a year ago..

she was rushing out to work so said could you leave the inside...yeh ...I wasn't wanting to do it anyway...

as she was rushing I said its okay I have water in the car...beauty of my battery backpack....

but...it was cold bloomin cold....and I have very dodgy circulation my fingers are really bad until I get going...

I did the front okay but around the back in the ice cold sleet shower they were really hurting and no one in....I had gloves on but ....they were really hurting...I mean ...what would you do?

okay I am not proud of it.....but I do believe its in the sas survival manual....

and yep....after a bit of pain it worked...
wot- you peed on them ?

Here's a tip

On them cold days where you start trembling, simply control your breathing, and breath slower, the shakes soon stop.

Keep your fingers and toes moving/wiggling.

Was on exercise in Aldershot once and we were in home made bivvy (Poncho on floor and one bungeed between trees)

All nice and cosy in sleeping bag and boxers

The idiot greenjackets next door in tents fully clothed in sleeping bags and clothes soaking up their sweat

Anyway we were incident free in 6 inches of snow and 2 of the greenjackets got evacd with hypothermia

Idiots

What would you do Anthony?

Kit rolled up in bottom of sleeping bag nice and warm and dry or wear and sweat in it then get freezing when you get up?

Kit at bottom of bag drying n just wearing socks, boxers n T-shirt.

But if I knew were were breaking camp or going on patrol in a few hours I'd just keep me kit on and sleep in the Bivvy Bag rather than my doss bag

An anual clean? Where are u america? :eek:

What gloves are u using, mine were a bot cold the other day but they seem to warm after 10 mins. Is it be ause u were holding a pole that had freezing water pumping up it? U could put something on the pole where u hold it?

Go for a jog before you start, a warm up should always be part of your work routine followed by a cool down:rofl:This may help your hands or give you a trip to the GP:eek: My warm up is a macdonalds latte, that heats my hands nicely:whistle:

okay I am not proud of it.....but I do believe its in the sas survival manual....

and yep....after a bit of pain it worked...
Before you start work stick yea hands in a bucket of iced water....that's the coldest they will get all day...everything after that will feel warm...!!! :whew:

fi will try that shiny...its only on the first house...I suffered again today but went through pain and they were okay then..freezer here I come....

okay I own up I peed on em yep boar.....it felt really really hot....and it worked....doesn't mean I plan to make it a habit...I wouldn't mind but the custy drove off to work so I thought I was safe but when I got around the corner she had come back for something.....I don't think she saw anything as it was quite cold:rolleyes:

and a question for the trolley polers out there.....or those of us who pour the barrels into the backpack like I do...

does the sight of pure make you want to pee?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back