Starter kit

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Chris33, Mar 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Most of the links on starter kit are old and no longer available;

I would really like help with links to current recommended kits, including an extension pole. I'm worried if I mix the kit up its not all going to fit together basically, this is how basic my current knowledge is haha

Any help appreciated, looking for good kit, including ladders that would suit someone about 12 stone and five ten .

Chris

Advertisement
  2. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Unger kit now ordered including

1 x ErgoTec Squeegee 25cm (10")
    1 x ErgoTec Squeegee 35cm (14")
    1 x ErgoTec Applicator 25cm (10")
    1 x ErgoTec Applicator 35 (14")
    1 x 18 Litre Bucket
    1 x Small MicroWipe
    1 x Large MicroWipe
    1 x ErgoTec Safety Scraper
    1 x Pack 10 Blades
    1 x OptiLoc 2 Part Extension Pole 2.5m
    1 x 1 Litre Unger Liquid
    1 x 90cm Soft Replacement Rubber

Also a more abrasive type washer for first cleans etc, and the unger belt kit. Just a ladder to decide on ☺

3. JClean

JClean Member

That's roughly what I ordered when I started in October , I went for the 3m double extension lyte ladder from midland ladders and it's been fine even though I sometimes wish I had gone for a double A frame!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

5. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

I think he was reccomending a 'window cleaners point' A frame style ladder. They can be very versatile ladders and can help you reach a lot of Windows which would be a fiddle on a regular ladder... just make sure you buy something that is 'trade' rated at least...

6. Damo J

Damo J Member

Dont buy them telescopic ladders, they're shite.. Not tried them double a frames yet, look like they'd save you time and energy rather than having to carry about an extension ladder and a single a frame. But heard mixed things about them.

7. unit

unit Guest

Hi Chris looks like you have most of it covered, but don't forget loads and loads of seal cloths.
    Especially for them first cleans, you will use s**t loads on them, Plus extra scrim or micro fibre.
    You could pick up some squirty bottles and chuck a bit of UBIK 2000 cleaner in them, this really brings up the frames and the bottle will hook on to you belt if you purchased the ergo-tec belt.
    Good Luck

8. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Thanks high tower and damo, looking at a frame ladders now ☺

Unit,yeah I got the ergo tec belt and the ninja holster I think it is. Will look at those extra clothes and I'd not even considered squirty bottles! thanks guys!!

Am ordering 6 25 litre containers for water though. 30 quid delivered from eBay.

9. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

you can just use cheap microfibre cloths for wiping frames and cills on first cleans, i buy a big pack of 36 for about £10, and you will need more scrim/microwipe cloths, i usually use 2 or 3 during the day swapping them around on the dashboard to keep them dry haha!

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

25l containers from tescos etc car wash..just ask the guys for the ones they are gonna chuck as the get their tfr etc in them
    Wilko Glass Cleaning Microfibre Cloth Blue 60cmx80cm
    Kilo of microfibre (about 35 cloths) for sill and frame cloths from asda motorimg section for 7 quid

Advertisement