Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's that 'residue' on these windows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Guys, 

Doing this house, inside actually a regular clean. Not windows though. 

They've got a window cleaner. But every week we are there and when sun shines I can't look at these big bi folding doors and these 'stained' glass. I'd love to fix it for them but not sure really what to use on it. This is a fairly new extension so thats some sort of a drip from lentils above..

What would you suggest? 

Thanks for your help. 

IMG_20171108_130820.jpg

IMG_20171108_130806.jpg

Looks like Limescale so I think @Dave B recommended Viakal to me. Whatever it was it worked well. 
Viakal is great for an off the supermarket shelf product..

Kilroc is an acid limescale remover which is great

We all hate those drippy lentils lol

I spray Viakal on our shower doors, rub in with a magic sponge and rinse off with the shower head. Beats mopping and blading them!! It's got a whiff about it though.
I just spray on stained glass and leave while i do another window

By the time i go back to it a quick scrub with wfp takes it straight off

It does pen n ink a bit though

They've got a window cleaner? Why isn't he sorting the problem out? Has custy commented on the stains? 
Hi Guys, 

Thanksfor alll your input. 

Yes, we do over 30 families, houses. Last year we started offering wfp as well. Only 4 swapped to us.. 

It's same with this house. We've worked for them for5-6years but they have a window cleaner and seems to be loyal to him. 

Amd that window just annoys me and I would like to put it right, not even for them but for ourselves! ?

I think the other guy just accepted the way it is and never tried to tackle it. Comes, does wfp, charges money. Custy seems happy as believes nothing could be done anyway. 

Have you came across Crystal Clear 550? Thats very recommended on other forums! 

We've got some proper descaler from, jangro works magic on toilets! May try this then. It's like mega strong viakal, kilroc ish... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one house got roughcast patched above the door and window .It has a few runs down the door window  and it keeps coming back when it rains .Another shop window had work done above it and its all like that  , I think the cement has burnt into the  glass ,with it being left on .!

Back