Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Freezing On Windows

i joke,lol, it depends on a few factors, one house i did last year the windows on the conny would freeze as it wasnt heated inside, all the other windows on the house were fine tho

I remember last year I cleaned the fronts of a house, was fine, but the back where it was shadded, water was freezing on the windows.

Im not sure about WFP, Trad its about -3 / -4. Theres ways round it though, add anti freeze or methanol to the water
No no no nooo don't use anti freeze or methonol!

Anti freeze wouldnt be good for cleaning!

I add screen wash with ecover (pink suff goes down to -9) seems to a good job cleans properly as thats what its ment for!

No no no nooo don't use anti freeze or methonol!

Anti freeze wouldnt be good for cleaning!

I add screen wash with ecover (pink suff goes down to -9) seems to a good job cleans properly as thats what its ment for!
It doesn't make a difference to be honest, the only way it would, if there was any water left on the windows it would dry on the window and leave a mark just like soap

Why not methanol?

It doesn't make a difference to be honest, the only way it would, if there was any water left on the windows it would dry on the window and leave a mark just like soap

Why not methanol?
Its like white vinegar, to much in and it leaves a film on the window, so dont bother lol

Its like white vinegar, to much in and it leaves a film on the window, so dont bother lol
Never had in trouble with it before, been using it for years. At one point we had 3/4 of a bottle in about 10 litres of water. We never got any complaints

Back