Starting a window cleaning company

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Nick bristow, Feb 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Nick bristow

Nick bristow Newcomer

Hi All

I have a few questions.
    Firstly can anyone recommend a van for me,I've been looking at Citroen Dispatch,and VW Caddy,I also like fiat vans,wondered what peeps think of my van ideas.
    And what are the first steps I need to take,I have already got me pole and tank etc.
    Does anyone feel advertising via the Internet is better than paper flyers etc?

Any feedback would be great

Advertisement
  2. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

This website is absolutely rammed with all the information you could ever need on getting started... Get searching...

3. norm

norm Grand Master

welcome Nick Bristow :thumbsup:

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Howdie and welcome nick. There is a search option on here. Type in your questions with 'key' words

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Welcome. I like Trafic /Vivaros.

In small vans i like Connects.

Every windy on here will agree that good old cold canvassing on the doors will produce the best results time after time.

Take a browse about. Use the search feature at the top to find what you need fast. Everything tou want to know can be found in the search function. If you cant find it there then ask something specific and it will be answered. :)

6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I agree with above but also can recommend Dispatch

7. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

^^^
    Bad echo on the forum tonight ;)

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

9. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

First steps? Make sure they you can clean with that gear. Seriously, wfp looks simple, but people starting out with it make mistakes that leave windows not clean. So, practice before taking on paying customers. Get as many new cleans as you can. You can only 'clean' so much by cleaning your own windows every day, as you are 'cleaning' clean windows. So, ask friends, relatives etc if you can practice on their windows and ensure that either you check them the next dry day, from inside the house or they do. Be honest, make sure they are honest with exactly how clean they are. We are paid for clean windows, not for going through the actions.

Also make sure that you can clean the insides traditionally i.e. with applicator and squeegee. And be happy with being watched closely by the home owner as you do them.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Don't go buying vans and expensive gear until you know this business works for you
    Too many expensive setups on ebay as they couldn't make the business work
    Buy a backpack for 100 notes
    Buy some pure water from somewhere or spend £160 on a 450gpd ro and a di unless you are lucky and can use di only
    Chuck it in your car and get working
    If you start getting a good amount of work then get the van etc
    You will always need the stuff to produce water and a backpack for access issues anyway so no money wasted

Just my opinion mind

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Advertisement