Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking the plunge

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
Just thought I'd share my journey so far I started up williams jet wash services winter of 2015 in mid wales Only doing pressure washing and gutter cleans whilst working full time as a quality inspector for a pharmaceutical company only started window cleaning in Feb of this year as I decided if I wanted to survive year round I would need this, and I now have around 80 customers and I'm finding I don't have enough weekend ka left in the month to cope with current work I have just had a quarterly review with my boss yesterday and told her I don't want to set targets or objectives any longer as I'm leaving before Christmas to run my business! I am moving in to a house I bought recently (whilst still in employment) my end goal was allways to leave my full time work to work for myself, I'm taking a risk but as long as I've got enough to pay the bills and mortgage and live I will be content I still have a lot of work left to do don't get me wrong but just sharing guys to show if you want it bad enough and are willing to work for it you can get there!!

Excellent to hear.

I started wfp 6 years ago today. When i look at what i left my last job with and have now there is a world of difference!

Good luck mate I don't think you will regret it

Must be a bit scary taking the leap tho ( I have always been self employed ) but I know you will succeed

Good luck mate I don't think you will regret itMust be a bit scary taking the leap tho ( I have always been self employed ) but I know you will succeed
Cheers ! I've always been a house cat (had my food bought in for me) but now I Gota go get me some food /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's a scary leap of faith to make tk quit the job.

I quit my minimum wage job last Christmas and **** myself. But it's worked out so far. Earning more and working less. Still a very long way to go mind.

Can be a bit frustrating at first getting your customers, got about 150 customers now culled it to about 135 approx trying to keep the best jobs got rid of a few bad ones.

Can be a bit frustrating at first getting your customers, got about 150 customers now culled it to about 135 approx trying to keep the best jobs got rid of a few bad ones.
Nice job den did you work full time and gain those customers?

No was in a position to have a few months off, gained all my customers initially thru leafleting them most are by recommendation and Facebook.

I'm in Welshpool, originally from Newtown. Not too far from you pal :thumbsup:
Lovely round there mates dad lives in Llangurig just near Aberystwyth and we drive through newtown and welshpool on the way to visit

I know it sounds strange visiting my mates dad but I've known them since infant school in the very early 80s

Good luck with the new business.

It IS daunting when you throw the towel in on your old job and all in on the cleaning.

It will be a hard graft but in no time at all you'll be be reaping the benefits & thinking "I should have done this tears ago!"

All the very best mate.

Give us a wave next time! So whereabouts are you based H?
Cardigan Bay. Know your part of the world VERY well. Lived in Puncheston for 15 years up until 2013 and from Scleddau before that and before joining/leaving the Army. /emoticons/smile.png Was cleaning windows 14 years ago but had to stop due to shoulder injury, now back at it. /emoticons/smile.png In fact, one of the very first to be using WFP in Pembs. /emoticons/smile.png

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck with the new business.It IS daunting when you throw the towel in on your old job and all in on the cleaning.

It will be a hard graft but in no time at all you'll be be reaping the benefits & thinking "I should have done this tears ago!"

All the very best mate.
Thanks Spartan

Back