Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tidy start

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

Tightened tank n tap fittings n elbow just split luckily there's an agricultural engineering shop in town so got a replacement easily enough but i still had to dump 400 ltr of pure lol View attachment 5057

How'd you manage that, must have muscles of steel lol. Where did you get that elbow tap from? I happen to need one of those myself!

How'd you manage that, must have muscles of steel lol. Where did you get that elbow tap from? I happen to need one of those myself!
not at all i noticed a leak & just gave everything a bit of a tweak & it just split lol jet of water nearly took my eye out if i didnt wear glasses lol the new elbow came from an agricultural engineering shop , they do tractors & pumps & all things farmerish

Cool I'll check out some farmer shops then thanks. Just seen you live in the lakes, lovely part of the world, but how do you ever get any work done? It rains 364 days a year there /emoticons/wink.png

Cool I'll check out some farmer shops then thanks. Just seen you live in the lakes, lovely part of the world, but how do you ever get any work done? It rains 364 days a year there /emoticons/wink.png
lol lot of half days & a lot of work in the drizzle

Cheers simon that's perfect. However £25 for a little piece of metal is a bit of a rip off isn't it. Why is it that window cleaning shops always seem to rip us off? I bet if I found it elsewhere is would be a tenner or less

i think if you know diy you can fbuild it cheap but they know a lot either cant (me) or are happy to pay mad prices

Yeah its certainly easier to use window cleaning shops as its all conveniently in one place. I guess thats what your paying for. But it goes too far sometimes. Bought a new van tank the other week, buying one from a site that just sells tanks it was around 200 but from certain window cleaning shops I saw them for 400-500 for the same tanks! That I think is taking the ****! That all said I don't know where to search for that elbow nor do I have the time to go to local farming shops, so I will probably end up ordering that elbow tap next week anyway lol. So cheers for the link :thumbsup:

Back