Starting out but on a right budget

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Apr 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Hi all
    I'm looking to start out myself and am really on a tight budget for equipment and was wondering could anyone help me out and advise me were I can get the gear reasonably priced
    I seen a post were another lad self built a Reilly system and I seen were I can get a Chinese pump and battery in his posts which is really handy
    In regards to tank and do vessel is there any cheap places for them? I'm looking a 300/400 size tank
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

ebay mate for everything. you starting from scratch? or do you clean already

3. TolishAPurd

If you're on a tight budget, you might be better off going trad until you build up enough customers and there for enough money to buy decent WFP gear.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

A lot of stiff you can pick up in good used condition from the likes of fleebay or gumtree and if lucky like me at a bargain price.

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#5 spruce, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Don't skimp on quality though. I would spend more & buy a Shurflo pump, strainer and Spring manufactured controller. The Chinese pumps aren't a patch on the Shurflo pumps. We had a saying in the sales industry. "The pain of poor quality lasts long after the joy of a cheap price."

You need a heavy duty pump to push water through 100 meters of hose. Two of ours are nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

I have seen some old knackered (broken) pumps go for silly money on Ebay. Saving £20 on the new price for a worn out Shurflo doesn't make sense to me.

As per previous posters, a good quality 2nd hand tank and hose reels can be found on Ebay at a reasonable cost with patience. Do your homework before bidding and know what the new price is including VAT and carriage. I would buy Gardiner poles direct from Gardiner's - second hand used poles have been known to fetch more on Ebay than from the seller new.

If you need an r/o, buy a new one. Replacing membranes on a used r/o could cost you more than a new one in the long run.

6. steve hawing

Cheers for the feedback lads
    Yeah I'm just starting out myself have bought a van and had a few bob set aside but few big bills has ate up the most of it tbh
    I don't mind buying cheap to begin and replacing with quality stuff later it's just to get me going ya know

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

steve were abouts are you ???

8. steve hawing

I'm based in co armagh in Northern Ireland

9. peter rogers

oh boy u r in fecking luck son lol pm me

10. peter rogers

hes just up the road and think might be able to help him out wit a reel