Starting out- Tax credits

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, Nov 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

If I quit or get fired from my PAYEE job, I was going to be a self-employed window cleaning. Is it relatively simple to claim tax credits and housing benefits if you declare yourself. I think I wouldn't get anything for the first year (which is fine, as long as I get it), but how much would I get?
    I guess this is much better than risking a court case by signing on and working just for £75/a week

Advertisement
  2. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

So if you quit your job or even get fired from your present job, WHY do you think you'll be entitled to Tax Credits and Housing Benefits etc.

3. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

You can resign from your job and become self employed. Then claim tax credits. Check out
    entitledto.gov

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Yes you can get tax credits as i get them, as far as I no they go on what you earned in the previous tax year , I was unemployed so I'm near sure it went on that income, it pays to work and get tax credits rather than doing the double

5. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Yes, I get tax credits. It does usually go on last year's money, but in the first year of self employment they let you make an estimate of what you will earn and do it on that, then once you've done a full year they start doing it on the previous year and make any adjustments based on how accurate your initial estimate was.... So you're better off overestimating how much you'll make so you don't end up having to pay them back.

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

So iv a nice bill to look forward to lol:eek:

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I apologize to the censorship department but you are *******entitled to absolutely **** all!!

That's my opinion, all you are entitled to is what you go out and EARN for yourself!!

I am so sick and tired of people thinking they are ENTITLED - no your not! I cant wait for a government that has the balls to stop just handing out money cause people think they are ENTITLED!

(Disclaimer: I am not against the welfare state and do believe as society we have a responsibility to take care of those less fortunate than ourselves)

Disability allowance? Since when did FAT become a disability?

There was a bit on radio last year about cuts to 'child ta credits' someone phoned in with a comment, he and the Mrs had a combined income of £98'000 and had two children, they claimed that if their child tax credits were cut they would be struggling!

In what ******* world can a couple not raise two children in comfort with a paltry £98'000 ? And yet they were getting a handout from the government!

I'm sorry but I hope you get no handouts if you choose to quit employment and go self employed as it will make you pound that pavement all day every day until you have a successful business and you will be a better person for it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Wooooooah mr green. There would be no tax credits for that income. You're thinking of child benefit. A different entity.

I see the problem as this:
    A person earns £7 /hr
    That's about £45 a day after tax....say.... a grand a month nett. There rent is £500. Council tax £100 lectric £50, water £50
    Heating £ 50.
    Running car to get to work? Maybe £200
    Then they have to eat......well they can't.

It's the system that's ******. I agree that people should only receive what they work for but the system needs to fair. People need to survive.

Bring on a low income is ******* tough these days, just to exist!

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i no a guy who is 72 bin a wc for like 20 odd years 4 years ago he needed a new hip he tryed to clame some benifet to get him throu as he couldent wrk even tho he has bin paying tax since the dark ages , he was intilted to xxxxx all they prity much told him to xxxxx off , on the other flip of the coin some one eals desides they need benifet they get it despite never geting off there lazy ars in there life and wrking, the system if a xxxxx joke sory but rant over its a tuchy subject for me this as i wrk my ars off to pay for these lay abouts to sit on there ars wile i rent a xxxx shole some of these get it all under flore heating nce new house 5 bed ect nce garden they can have as meny pets as they want!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

What do you mean the double?

Advertisement