Starting out

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by andy1992, Feb 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Hi folks

Currently working full time and looking at doing WC on Saturdays for extra income and then maybe expand. Don't have a huge amount of savings but have reasonable wage coming in each month. Wondering what is going to be the best way to dip my toe in the water as initial costs are higher here in Scotland due to having to pay licence fee etc. Should I go out and canvass before really investing in equipment or do I sort of need to be ready to go ? Planning on doing tops WFP(backpack) and bottoms trad.

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welcome Andy

My advice would be best get the bits you need and practice practice practice before even thinking of knocking doors.

3. TolishAPurd

No right or wrong answer really, but what I did was to keep it simple and buy all the basic gear first- if it all went t*ts up, at least I had the gear to do my own windows. There is a knack to window cleaning, and you want to get a bit of time in on the tools. Customers are often in the house when you are cleaning so you want to look and be proficient if you are going to be charging them money.

4. TolishAPurd

Ah, smurf beat me to it.:)

5. Shinytime

Shinytime Active Member

Where you based mate?

6. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Cumbernauld/ north Lanarkshire

Advertisement