Starting Up A Wfp Business..... Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by wils23, May 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wils23

wils23 Newcomer

Need some advice on choosing a van mounted wfp system, as there seems to be so many out there! starting off with small domestic round but hoping to progress to larger commercial contracts

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

diy, where do you live

3. Major_MInus

Major_MInus Active Member

I'm starting off with the Window Cleaning Warehouse Big Boy Backpack, seems ideal for WFP starters. I know some guys on here use them for the majority of their work despite having van mounted systems. It's quite a convenient way of getting into WFP cleaning for beginners I think personally, well that's what I decided! :Image9:

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Yup two vans here favour this method. :) I still use the van mount once a week to make sure it still works.

5. Major_MInus

Yeah gotta say after reading a few of the reviews on here about them, this swayed me to start out with these. So cheap and convenient to use... Got my new SLX on the way soon as well so can't wait!

6. wils23

wils23 Newcomer

Live in South West Wales.

7. wils23

wils23 Newcomer

8. Major_MInus

I'm going to buy a static tank system with a full RO setup as my water TDS is quite high... Then pump that into 25ltr water containers which I'll use to keep the Backpack refilled throughout the day :Image7:

9. wils23

wils23 Newcomer

Thanks for the advice really helpful, Cheers! :Image9:

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]You’re really paying to make the water tank secure in the van, which is worth it; the basics you need for wfp window cleaning is a tank of pure water, a 12v pump/flow regulator hose reel pole & brush, static Reverse osmosis/DI system to purify the water. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you’re just setting up in business avoid the expensive branded equipment, you can have this later for tax reasons. You really want to keep cost down and above all focus your business and price.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Work out your total cost to set up the business and the first 3-5 years operating cost. You can do it incredibly cheap - £25k total spend over the first few years is possible, complete DIY is a false economy, the saving are far to small to be taken seriously when you consider you can easily earn 7 times your original investment in those first few years. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard [/SIZE]

Advertisement