starting up ideas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adrian5139, Apr 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

hi starting a window cleaning company & looking for something a bit different to offer, thought about the cleaning of solar panels but cant decide on that so was also thinking of investing in a gutter cleaning vac but i dont know anyone who has one nor anyone whos used one. Dont know just how good a service you could offer with this nor how to price it ? also the one i have looked at come with a mirror for inspection, cant understand how you would see a little mirror from on the ground when the pole is up in the air ? any advice would be gratefully recieved as i dont have loads of money to throw at this many thanks everyone hope your enjoying your easter adrian:huh::)

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i wouldnt bother, unless you can get stupid money for gutter jobs, i find them a waste of time as the people who want them doing are only doing it as there gutters have trees in, just build a good well priced window cleaning round

3. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I love cleaning gutters out. Wouldn't waste the money on a gutter vac. I don't see how a Hoover could suck up big chunks of grew together grass and muck? Or get in behind the slates. Some people like to have them
    Rinsed to although that dosent really make a difference so the ladder and bucket is the best way.

Maybe you should invest in a petrol power washer?

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes I would only ever gutter by hand you can see what tour doing then, as for extra services you can add them without buying expensive bits of kit, facia and soffit cleaning, gutters, PVC restoring there's all sorts pal

6. mark m

mark m Hero

Most guttering jobs are done very easy by hand and save you £000`s . I would stick to cleaning solar panels and windows

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Iv recently started up myself

and wasnt sure what i wanted to go into just windows or pressure washing ect

iv decided to stick to window cleaning connys and upvc cleaning

as if u have a good window cleaning round u dont really need all the mess about of gutter cleans ect imo but oviosly do it if u can

8. Belfastcleaning

Alot of the gutter jobs I do are from customers I clean windows for. It is quick easy money. £20 for 20 mins work? Also in the winter if you can take bookings for gutters ie: get 10 jobs for 1 day = £200+ your laughing!!

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ya i know theres ok money in it but it would take me longer than 20mins to do a house prob more like hr per house imo dragging the ladder round ect

i'm not saying i wont do them but i don't advertise this service just enjoy being firmly on the floor lol

i worked with a guy last year who did them and i also did them i aint been asked yet so glad lol i wont turn them down tho :)

10. Belfastcleaning

Depending in the size of the house and how bad they are. Sometimes you get up once and that's the front gutters cleaned. I charge £20 for gutters front and back, and usually wouldn't take anymore than half hour. [hr]
    Can someone tell
    Me what imo stands for as it is starting to big me lol

Advertisement