Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Ecover Washing Up Liquid

Or you can do what I got told to do by someone on here, get a bucket fill with 4-5l of water and add a squirt of ecover, dip brush when needed, works great.

Or you can do what I got told to do by someone on here, get a bucket fill with 4-5l of water and add a squirt of ecover, dip brush when needed, works great.
Yes that works as well!

I use to squirt a bit on the brush and does work well. Like others have said don't other do it. I had a bit of foam in the backpack and looked like something out of ghostbusters. Bit of trail and error

if its high level spray on brush

but on conservatory first cleans i clean with pure water then i stop and spray all e cover or cif over it and then i scrub without water flow then leave for a few mins and then just rinse and it does the job

hi

Used a small squirt of EcoLeaf in around 18litres of pure water today. 003ppm.

Cleaned windows and they came up great.

Ecoleaf apparently has less foaming than Ecover.

Bought 1 litre bottle from local organic place, £1.89.

:Image9:

hiUsed a small squirt of EcoLeaf in around 18litres of pure water today. 003ppm.

Cleaned windows and they came up great.

Ecoleaf apparently has less foaming than Ecover.

Bought 1 litre bottle from local organic place, £1.89.

:Image9:
Interesting. I might try some.

Back round to do some of the houses I did last month using Ecover and they look good. Did a first clean on tuesday windows haven't been cleaned for two years. Used Ecover in the water, Got an Email that night that her windows were gleaming and really pleased. Usually get the odd water mark but It seems to the job. Like to give that Ecoleaf a go where you buy from as I have never seen it for sale.

Back round to do some of the houses I did last month using Ecover and they look good. Did a first clean on tuesday windows haven't been cleaned for two years. Used Ecover in the water, Got an Email that night that her windows were gleaming and really pleased. Usually get the odd water mark but It seems to the job. Like to give that Ecoleaf a go where you buy from as I have never seen it for sale.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecoleaf-Washing-Up-Liquid-Litre/dp/B0054QO5A6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369486388&sr=8-5&keywords=ecoleaf 5L though

Afternoon

used ecoleaf today. About 2 small drops in around 18 litres of water. PPM between 1 and 3, usually 1.

Cleaned block of flats that is done every 10 weeks and was able to go inside and see results. Very good. It did seem to give a better clean than last time round but time will tell. Then used on domestic flats and houses. No problems.

A few observations.

1. Speed

Does it make cleaning faster?

Inconclusive as of yet. But it doesn't seem to be slower!!

2. Quality

Does it leave a better finish?

At the moment i would say yes. I am doing a bit more rinsing, (not a bad thing i suppose), to make sure of leaving no residue. Windows close up have looked great. As there are a few factors that would dictate quality, time will tell.

3. Is it easier to remove dirt and bird muck etc?

It does seem so. On the large panes of glass i cleaned today, (4 foot high by 8 foot long), it did strike me as a better clean when compared to other times in the 5 years i have been cleaning them. Any "blobs" of bird muck on glass or frame were removed quicker and easier.

So that's how it went today. It would be interesting to see how others got on. At the moment i suspect this is a work in progress.

:Image7:

I've used ecover on the brush. One thing that I find is a good guide is this. When the glass has been washed there is soapy water on the glass right? When rinsing you can see where you have missed as the soapy water is still there.

Hello

Used ecoleaf all last week on ups and downs, in very bright sunshine, on windows exclusively cleaned with soap for past 4 years, on bird muck and on leaded. A full range of different sizes and shapes of window in. Every time a great finish. As before did a bit more rinsing.

After a week of use have had no complaints and will keep using it in the future.

:Image7:

^^ minging. Do you use it on the brush?

I did a first clean today and used the Tecbuk boars hair. Wish I'd taken before and after pics. The old fella was well impressed as was his Thai bride!

Used recover directly on the brush for a first clean today. Took a bit of rinsing. It was double glazed lead.

Any way I thought I'd check how it had dried on the way home. OMG they look ab fab!

Wondering whether to have a small bottle of ecover in my pouch and use it on the brush for every job.

Back