Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Purity

M

mark hudson

I'm just moving all my work from trad to WFP. i currently only use a di vessel to purify water. Yesterday my water went from 000PPM to 001PPM. Ive ordered some new resin but that will take a couple of days to arrive but is this purity still ok to use bearing in mind im doing first cleans and im getting the usual spotting issues associated with first cleans even with 000PPM water.

If ok, what is the maximum PPM you would advise

give it a good shake and run the water though as slow as possible ,don't waste you resin can be used up to 10ppm just rinse rinse rinse

spotting is mostly to do with not getting the frames clean enough initially. i clean my windows with my tap water 36ppm & its fine ! i wouldnt risk it on a customers though :tongue: i change resin at about 10ppm ish

They say up to 010 is fine. I change my resin when it gets 007 008 ish..

What is the ppm of your tap water?
Thanks for the reply, very helpful. My tap water is about 80PPM.

i cudnt be bothered changing mine today so working with 12ppm tomorow lol /emoticons/smile.png

i noramlly change before its 10 ppm /emoticons/smile.png

it will probs go up to 03 or 04ppm i guess

but i use water at 10ppm sometimes

if u scrub n rinse well their shudnt b no spotting

if my tap water is 220ppm it is possible after di get 000 ppm? or i have to filter water twice /emoticons/tongue.png
Yeah it is possible. That's what I do. But I now have twin di. Which makes resin last longer.

Thanks Toby, i have tried today, result 014ppm, but i didnt fill enough raisin, will try one more time, and slower /emoticons/smile.png hope will do cos i need water for tomorrow, and my ro will be delivery on monday /emoticons/wink.png

Back