Starting Up

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MJKemp1990, Jan 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MJKemp1990

MJKemp1990 Newcomer

Hi, I am currently a student and I am looking to start my own water fed window cleaning business when I finish studying. I am just wondering what system people would recommend: van mounted system, trolley system or backpack. I am just starting up so my round is currently not very big! Any advice would be welcome :)

Advertisement
  2. keir

keir Guru

As a wise man on here once said...........get a tds meter 1st, check your your water then you will have a better idea what set up is financially ideal

3. MJKemp1990

MJKemp1990 Newcomer

I've got a tds meter on order from ebay, what I mean is once I have purified my water, what system would be advisable for a beginner to start cleaning? I was thinking maybe a backpack system would be good?

4. keir

keir Guru

Gotchya.

I suppose its down to budget, type of work/house layout/how your work is situated i.e quiet estates with cul-de-sacs or busy main roads and how much work you intend doing and how compact your work is

Personally i have a trailer set up

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

a bk pack would b a good start to c how u get on with wfp then if it goes well get a tank system they go togther very well

6. MJKemp1990

MJKemp1990 Newcomer

KIER - Most of my work initially would be on small homes (2,3 or 4 bedrooms) situated on small estates.
    TENCH - That was the sort of thing I was thinking, backpack then upgrading to van system, then just keep my backpack for those hard to reach areas!

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

thats wat i do only use bk pk when its to mch hassel draging hose out i have the 18l wcw one its bin prity good i here the shurflo bk pks r beta tho bit more £££ but worth the extra

8. MJKemp1990

MJKemp1990 Newcomer

I've not seen the shurflo backpacks, where are they available from?

9. keir

keir Guru

Sounds like you're a man with a plan, i have zero experience with back packs so will let those who do guide you, good luck bud

10. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Advertisement