Starting Wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pepe, Sep 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pepe

Pepe Member

Been and bought a wfp system today from pure freedom trollyy type . I have been trad. W. Cleaner for 28 years.need some tips on do,s and don't any info would be greatly appreciate.

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Search YouTube for stuff like waterfed, hydrophilic glass & also the video & tips section here.

Main thing is to take your time on first time clean with wfp so you don't get customers put off with new method. In long term you'll be able to work faster.

3. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Depending on how anal you want to be, personally i would clean all the frames on all the windows first then head back and do the glass.
    That way you should ensure no streaks.
    The other thing is anybstreaking problems tend to be that the user just hasnt rinsed enough (assuming the tds is 0)
    As rice said, take your time bud, the speed will come in time.

4. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Would be good if you could keep us updated on how you get on using wfp as I'm interested in getting started with it in the near future also?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Have you got your pure water set up in place? Got enough barrels (I have a load of 25L barrels doing nothing if you're local to me), pole, it can be a ball ache pulling a trolley with one hand and a pole in the other, keep an eye on the battery charge, judge how much water you are using per house, it can be a pain running out of water when you're round the back of a house.

6. rs2315

rs2315 Member

You'll ache to begin with, try to stay relaxed, easier said than done.
    Change from left to right or vice versa every now and again, it just takes the pressure off same arm, shoulder.

One thing you can be sure of is after you've been at wfp a couple of months the thought of using ladders for 8 hour days will send a chill down you :Image1:

I've been with it since beginning of June, and to start with it was taking longer than my usual trad hourly day, because of frame cleaning and spending a lot of time rinsing.
    But now work that would take me 8 till 3 trad, I can now get done by 1
    2 hours knocked off most days.

Take your time for those first few months, find your feet, and the rewards will come.

The hose will get caught on just about everything, not even wfp is perfect :Image11:

Good luck.

rs2315.

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Come out with me for a day and you can get a feel for things..

8. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

The future of window cleaning vids on youtube were a big help for me, Perry explains things well for the beginner.

However, you can't beat getting out there and giving it all try. Take belfast up on his offer if you can, that's really kind of him. Thankfully I had a mate who did the same for me.

Clean your own windows a few times trying different methods. You'll learn as you go.

Enjoy!

9. Pepe

Pepe Member

All ready cleaned the PVC by hand that was hard pure water up and running think I will get booster pump barrels sorted

10. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Thanks Belfast. I will keep this in mind and will pm you in the near future.

Advertisement