Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weather is killing me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All the weird weather last year

Mild winter

Driest this

Wettest that

Played havoc down the allotment

Nothing was growing when it should..either too early or too late and my garlic and onions got rust

Hope it is better this year

My garlic is already bigger than it usually is due to how mild it has been

last year I canna remember last week....

yep daveyboy I WAS so close I got the job but...

they wanted to know where I had been since school and my dad is del boys double...no income tax no vat no money back no guarantee...so I lost that one...

I canna grow garlic for my life basta rd stuff it starts out great then....gone...

Last winter was bad for me and worse for my custys as I'm in one of the areas that flooded along the Thames, had some customers I couldn't get to for a couple of months and others whose houses were so bad they're still not back in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked mine early last year due to the rust

Was elephant garlic though so still was a reasonable size

I have about a third of a carrier bag of them left still in the shed

Always get mine from tesco veg counter and plant them

People say it doesn't grow from supermarkets but if you get the stuff grown in europe not asia it grows fine

Oddly it all kind of worked itself out. By not being an **** about it (some local builders were charging for sandbags while most were giving them away) and being seen to be helpful did me good in the end.

Back