Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New filters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I did mine recently and noticed the same, I'm no expert but I'm sure I read Spruce mention before about water temperatures plays a role also believe the prefilter can get a little clogged and restrict pressure, I could easily be corrected though.

Its ok. Your r/o will probably be working more efficiently as well. Whilst your r/o is running the prefilters trap sediment in the water and stop it blocking up the membranes as @Den says. Over time the sediment blocks up the pores of the filter and restricts the flow through it.

I liken it to an old tea strainer before teabags. The tea strainer stops those loose tea leaves from getting into the cup. Initially the flow of tea through the strainer is fast but sooner or later the all the holes get blocked with tea leaves and the flow stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its ok. Your r/o will probably be working more efficiently as well. Whilst your r/o is running the prefilters trap sediment in the water and stop it blocking up the membranes as @Den says. Over time the sediment blocks up the pores of the filter and restricts the flow through it.
I liken it to an old tea strainer before teabags. The tea strainer stops those loose tea leaves from getting into the cup. Initially the flow of tea through the strainer is fast but sooner or later the all the holes get blocked with tea leaves and the flow stops.
Explained to perfection as usual spruce thank you very much

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back