Static Shocks

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Mar 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had 2 off my gutter vac today. Never happened before today. It was sucking up dust and dry moss. Would that have anything to do with it?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Did your hair stand up on end too :D

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Helps to get the heart going

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I suppose it is possible to generate static from a hose/ali pipe but can't say it has happened to me that I have noticed anyway.

5. norm

norm Grand Master

thats shocking mate:rolleyes:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How are you getting on Tuffers clearing gutters with a guttervac apart from getting static shocks?

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Not bad Smurf, apart from leaving a pole at a customers house yesterday. I'll pick it up tomorrow as the neighbour collared me to do theirs tomorrow. One thing that I am struggling with, is leaving muck near the edge closest to me. I have the neck part bolted to a certain angle. Would you recommend having the neck loose and floppy so that it is more flexible? Doing that though could make it easy for the hose to come off the tube and cause damage if it fell from height. The leaving stuff in the gutter is slowing me down a lot.

Give us some tips papa.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep I'm always leaving stuff at customer homes too @tuffer but never me poles. Anyhow it worked out well for you in the end what with next door and all

I find half round and deep round gutters are generally a doddle to do but square line like you say can be a pain in the **** so I've made an insert crevice tool for me omni ali nozzle that seems to work well.
    Best you have a play with various nozzles and maybe have a go at making your own if need be. You could always try flushing the gutters through with a hose pipe attached to a wfp afterwards just to get the stuff you missed.

I generally now use my gutter clearing ladder setup too so can see properly and if needed use a pro-g tool to scrap the **** back to me if ladder access is not an issue.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes it worked out well getting next door too. Yeah, square edged gutters are a pain with the vac as you need to get a tight angle. I'll have a look at the pro gutter tools.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They are very handy tools to have Tuffers
    I would defo recommend progutter pro-g tools to anyone that's into professional gutter clearing as can make the job so much quicker & easier to do.

Advertisement