Stealing Customers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by celgt4, Apr 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. celgt4

celgt4 Newcomer

I had a member of staff who, for various reason of dishonesty, I had to sack and is now threatening to take away my hard earned customer base. Ie. steal my customers. I have been to see most customers and told them and their response has been very positive. Those I couldn't speak to I dropped a letter through their letter box explaining the problem. But although "Bottom Feeder"( as he is now referred to) has no transport and no equipment he has already been and spoken to and stolen at least one customer. He wont be able to service the customer but it may cause a problem for me with other customers. Anyone else come across such *******? And what did you do?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

If you have to swear please fully star swear words.

This is the risk I'm afraid.

I purchased a complete round which had been "stolen" was only 15 customers thank god.

You have done all you can do.

This is why I have contracts drawn up.

3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Are you WFP or Trad Cel?

4. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

It happens all the time. Take on a member of staff and you are training up a potential competitor.

5. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Not sure how hes going to get by with no transport or equipment, hes probably just blowing off steam, but doubt will follow it through maybe.....

6. celgt4

celgt4 Newcomer

I use wfp. I think he is blowing off steam but I don't want t loose customers. Saying that, he won't keep any customers for long as he never bothered to clean the rears of half the properties. Some people are just sad.

7. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Yea CE, I think that too, so hes going to buy a van, kit etc all rather quickly, but least as you say youve let your customers know the score.

8. Gremah

Gremah Member

I would seriously put him down to the point were he couldn't be a threat if you catch my drift

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

Just get new better customers, it's in the business to gain and lose customers. If they dropping out on price then, great its a not so good customer who will drop him too when the time is right.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How come they haven't cancelled if he didn't clean all of the house?

Advertisement