Sticker removal from windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by keefo, Dec 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

I know most of you are now WFP but when traditional did you guys charge extra for removing kiddies stickers from windows etc if you ever did the internals. I get some windows where they're all over the damn place.

Advertisement
  2. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I remove small spots if in the mood, but larger stickers they have to ask and then i make a decision, often if just one normal size window i takes seconds and i do it for free. If a whole house is covered ie got new windows i charge extra.

3. David K

David K Forum Addict

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

You got to charge more for sticker removal. i use gum remover from b&q. I charge more for inside windows anyway just because its more hassel makeing sure dirty water dont drip on the carpet leaning over the tops of cabinets nets and curtains ming vases ect ect

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

What's that gum remover like Andy? I done a house few months ago a real big house , it was a new build and had stickers on the outside and was covered in some glue **** that wee 2 of us took 4 hours to get off, don't want to be caught out again with the likes off it

6. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Sticky Stuff Remover Liquid 250ml 1019

CHWS I cant find it on the b&q website but this is the same. You can get it cheaper just posted this so you no which one i have. it is good stuff dab it on leave a bit wipe it off clean window. i bought mine from b&Q tried it bought another 3 bottles always keep a bottle in the glove box.

7. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

I usually use my scraper but gets a bit much when there are let's say 2 or 3 kids in the house and they all have 5 or 6 stickers on windows which the owner needs removing. On some it can take a while to remove.

8. DMD

DMD Member

we do new build houses all day every week day.

we use a solvent from a company called nu-stock. £3 + VAT per litre and it is excellent. Brings all uPVC up to sparkling white, removes traces of tar, glue and nicotine.

beware though, it gets you off your head

9. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

10. Neil nowdownunder

Keefo,
    found this at Bunnings...

Un-du 30ml Adhesive Remover

Advertisement