Still getting arched line

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by keefo, May 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

I've tried almost everything now in trying to eradicate lines that appears on the window the following morning when the sun shines on the window. It is an arched looking line from fanning technique, a few windows are worse than others but it's a right pain. I'm using Ettore rubber but I've also tried Moerman, ive held the handle further off the glass as suggested by wagga and cut the water down with squeegee on the window at around 45° used different washing solutions. I'm in oz and can't get hold of the razrblade red rubbers. Any suggestions I will try as long as it is using a squeegee. Cheers

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Sounds like a technique issue more then the rubber. Ettores considered by many to be the best rubber out there. When fanning use the leading edge to cut the water away, and make sure it flows off the trailing edge. Hope that makes sense, its easier to show in person then it is to describe it.

3. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Thanks. I know what you mean, it's what I've been trying with rubber on glass hitting water at around 45° with leading edge, it's when I get to the towards one side and start to bring it around to go back the other way mainly it leaves a trail.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#4 boarcity, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    maybe youre trying too hard ,in the process pushing down too hard.
    i find i get the best results when im Not trying, or when more than a little tired such as mid afternoon on a busy day

the worst results are often when somebody is watching me closely

5. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

Try using less soap and add a little bit if white vinegar, see if that help.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Try pressing lighter that should help as well

7. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, give them a whirl.

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Practice with ur finger as it all the weight neededd I think j might be pressin to hard

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Defiantly not rubbers. I know some rubbers are different & we all have our favs but if you tried a few & still getting it its not rubbers but technique.

10. cheapncheerful

yeh me struggling at the mo....

so changed to a new rubber and great..but..

I decided to save that for special jobs...

and struggled on with the old on...

eventually I will fling the old un in the boot and just use a new rubber as I finally concede its time for change..:D

Advertisement