Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman combinator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kenny Q

Hi guys, I've just bought a combinator and I'm struggling with leaving a bit of a line on the glass from one edge of the squeegee. Has anyone had the same problem and found how to solve it. I'm not sure If it's down to technique. I use it just like I'd use a squeegee on its own. Thanks in advance.

@Kenny Q I use this daily mate.

I firstly have the angle different to usual squeegees IE the blade closer to the glass in this case.

Also,I use more soap with the combinator as feel it gets on better with more slip.

Red rubber works well in it,and if it's cold use hot water in the bucket to start your day.

Make sure the edges of rubber are not dry. As in, i now start in the middle of the glass and sometimes even give the squeegee a half spin on the glass as I head upto the top left corner to properly start.

I hold it more like a pencil grip too,I don't know why but someone advised this and it works for me.

Hope some of that helps.

Cheers Chris, I knew it must be lack of technique.. I'll take that on board and do a bit of practicing.. I have a mate who's been using it for six months and it's so effective, that he can have a day off a week! I'll pay him a visit, and watch him in action...

Paul from this forum made some good vids when they were releasing the combinator

The mod he does is very helpful and @Den hs done it except he doesn't cut the actual pad just the bar and it just allows it to fold out of the way on the corners

[media]

[/media]

Davey is right cut the bar and not the sleeve, works a treat on maintence cleans gets right into the corners it's only squeegee I can use with zero details well almost lol, very rarely use a squeegee now but when I do it's the go to squeegee for me.

I prefer the liquidator with fliq pad as i don't personally like 1 pass

Sometimes i just use applicator and liquidator separately and i am still quick

I prefer the liquidator with fliq pad as i don't personally like 1 passSometimes i just use applicator and liquidator separately and i am still quick
Yeah I feel the applicator pad doesn't really scrub well and the one pass doesn't give a thourough clean. Anyone else find this?

I put mine away until the summer. I clean houses 4 weekly and it doesn't hold the water I need it to for real dirty windows in this weather. I imagine the fliq is the same

The fliq holds water like the moerman applicator

I'm forever ringing it out if i dunk it and it easily holds enough water for a house

I use a sprayer of solution and after a couple of houses it is wet enough to only spray every few windows

The fliq is great on liquidators as it is just an applicator and squeegee in one..no swivel to mess around with

The wagtail pads are useless at holding water

If it's anything like a wagtail it would be hopeless for me
Absolutely nothing like the Wagtail pads... Because of the superb water retention i'm finding even on hots days I can generally soap up 2 or 3 windows and then get them bladed off before they start drying. Has sped up my workflow substantially...

The fliq holds water like the moerman applicatorI'm forever ringing it out if i dunk it and it easily holds enough water for a house

I use a sprayer of solution and after a couple of houses it is wet enough to only spray every few windows
That's a very good tip...I'd never have thought of having solution in a sprayer, and saves carrying the bucket around the back of every house.

I just rinse occasionally under a customers garden tap then ring it out a bit..only about 3 times a day unless i have done a dirty job

That keeps it a bit damp and i only need to spray every few windows as it builds up on the applicator after a few windows and stays nice and slippy

Spray a few panes and that is enough to top up the soap in the applicator

I don't use a bucket anymore..i have a 99p round 1 in the motor with a few spares (handles and channels etc) in it but no water

The fliq is great on liquidators as it is just an applicator and squeegee in one..no swivel to mess around withThe wagtail pads are useless at holding water
Does it fit in boab

It fits nicely where you would normally keep the applicator

I keep other size squeegees on me also if needed and then use the 14" with fliq as just an applicator

I do use a moerman boab though

It fits nicely where you would normally keep the applicatorI keep other size squeegees on me also if needed and then use the 14" with fliq as just an applicator

I do use a moerman boab though
I've got into the habit over the past few weeks of using the 10" on a short pole. Soaping up the complete window flipping and blade down to comfortable arm length and using a 12" bare for finishing off. I can generally wet up 3 or 4 good sized panes and then get them all bladed without any drying happening. The bare Excelerator in hand with the 12" is my absolute favourite at the moment.

I have tried for a while but agree with Bob that a fixed handle is best in hand for me

I use the excelerator on a pole and 14" liquidator with fliq in my hand and as an applicator for my other sizes although I still use my normal applicator for dirty jobs and bare squeegees

Personally I'm not a fan of the moerman squeegee( we have a lot of wooden frames that messes up that delicate end tips) and create lines, but I do love the fliq pad . So I've just clicked it on a regular channel , I use the Sorbo new channels that are shaped like a regular channel . And uses either Sorbo rubber or any kind of standard rubber.

Latest Posts

Back