Stop being tight!

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by AGlassAct, Mar 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

Thought I would share a funny DIY disaster from today. I was trying to save a bit of money and modify an Ionics linear resin filter so I could replace the resin myself - I think it's sacrilege to spend £90 odd for just over 4 litres of resin.
    Anyway I thought I could use a McAlpine soil pipe adaptor to make an opening so I can funnel resin back in when it's 'expired'
    As you can see from the picture below - the pressure test didn't go too well, think I'm deaf in one ear it went off like a gun and it was only mains (55psi)
    [​IMG]
    Think I will stick to the upright vessel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. Dunner

Dunner Member

LOL AGlassAct. I have a resin vessel after the Ionics one in my van because i was not going to pay those
    prices any more for resin.

So far i have 3 changes in a year and have one more left in the bag of resin.

Price for a bag of resin and the vessel was about £120 and i will get four changes out of that
    and next time i buy a bag then i won't need to buy a Vessel. I will save loads.

PS the resin filter is after the RO so no pressure. It would have worked great.

3. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

We have to try don't we!! I think it was a worthwhile test, I haven't used my RO yet as the rain is still topping my IBC tank up. I may give it another go at a later date when I have used the last two linear filters I have. I can see where it blew so assume the hole I cut wasn't clean enough. Watch this space.........

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement