Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook ad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimroot

Was trying to do a facebook ad as I've read on here bank hol is good time to do it. I don't like facebook, but logged onto the page I made a few months ago. Set up an ad at great length and difficulty deciding how to do it.

'paid' with PayPal...

First fishy thing was it wanted to have access to my PayPal all the time for future payments. I said no, so it cancelled the whole thing. Did it again and clicked ok, trying not to give into my cautious nature.

So then says they check it and it will be allowed in 15mins.

Nothing happened. checked and it said its been disabled cause it's suspicious activity. They ran through a length of security questions and finally asked for a JPEG upload of my passport, credit card etc! WFT. A £3 ad!

Can't be bothered with it.

i would try again as its worth it in the long run.

when i first set up an ad on FB i couldnt see how to do it all so i gave up. FB then contacted me trying to get me to finish my ad gave me £25 credit if i went ahead. Theres a learning curve to it.

But even if you goof up and click on go on an expensive ad run you can cancel it at anytime and will only be charged up to the point you cancelled so its not like youre committed to it running the full course. the main thing is to take your time in the set up of your ad, set the target area carefully in the options -you dont want it running nationwide- just town you work.

Once i knew how it worked [and it took me 3 or 4 ads to learn it], i probably added 300 customers in 12 months via FB [including the buy n sell pages which you must update daily with fresh images if u want a result] , about 20% were wasters but the rest good

FB users are budget types,careful not to overspend but long as you are competetive in your pricing strategy they are well worth having as they spread the word on FB

Last edited:
I like all that boar, and thanks for taking time to write, but...

I won't upload a JPEG of my passport and credit card to them over a £3 transaction I already paid for. Might end up in Nigeria for all I know, down some string added annex of the phone network.

Paranoid maybe

The future payments bit is because you don't actually get charged at the time

Eg if you boosted a post for £1 a day for 3 days that means depending how many people clicked on your post you will get charged a portion of that pound a day but no more than the pound maximum

Then you get billed to paypal at the end of the month

Makes sense. I just don't see why they practically require my DNA and iris scan to do it! They already have me logged on to FB and logged onto PayPal.

It's not like I was trying to buy a widescreen TV and shipping to Uganda

I like all that boar, and thanks for taking time to write, but...
I won't upload a JPEG of my passport and credit card to them over a £3 transaction I already paid for. Might end up in Nigeria for all I know, down some string added annex of the phone network.

Paranoid maybe
id not fret about sending my passport ,tho it seems an unusual request could be they get fraudsters and scammers

@Jimroot if today was first time on facebook for few months i wouldn bother as u have to be on it flat out to make a difference in the buy and sell groups etc

when posting flat out 7 days a week to the groups which i post to 70 plus i was getting responses and good jobs for powerwashing pvc cleaning and window cleaning i think started arround last may and picked up around 70 good monthly customers

if u need help pm me and il help u out on it ok

I had the same problem jimroot but ignored it for a few days and then they approved it without all the passport etc...I think its mainly til a human gets to check you out../emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks lads. I'm back ward with FB and social media as... I'm very unsociable :) or should that be :-(

Latest Posts

Back