Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My good deed for the day

Clisty1989

I was getting the ladder of the car for a fsg job and i heard a loud bang. I turn round to see next door car, who is also a customer, almost on 2 wheels as another car smashes into it and drives off. She had closed the car door 10 seconds earlier and it pretty much ripped the rear right hand side of the car off. Then the other car drove off! I threw my ladder on the floor and sped off down the road to catch the idiot and when i caught up realised the front left wheel was barely on the car, i clocked his reg then he spotted me an raced off. My father in law was with her when i got back, and she was in tears so i then called the police for her and took photos etc. And then carried on with the job. Police then turned up and i gave my statement and finished off the job. As i was packing up the idiot turned up and got collared by the police. Her family thanked us and we also somehow signed them all up for window and gutters. 4 more jobs and got to play the hero, not bad for a days work, shame the fsg job took 2 hours instead of the 45 mins it should have

The one thing i cant stand is idiots on the road. He was going at least 40 in a 20, and if she had been 10 second later getting into the car id probs have been dealing with a messed up corpse. That would have put a downer on my day

Tbh the work was the last thing on my mind. Popped over there today to see how she was, shes ok, got a feeling that she will be extremely loyal now. She also was chatting to her neighbours and have just picked up a bungalow with small conny, £12 a month + fsg and conny roof, plus insides every 12 weeks.

Back