Straight barbed connector sizes

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beccy, Mar 2, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I've done a diy tubeless conversion on my poles and love it. So the pole hose now lives on the hose reel and I'm wanting a slimmer permanent connection to the microbore. I use 6mm microbore and standard yellow pole hose.

I got what I thought I needed, a straight barbed reducer, 6mm to 5mm but it's really leaky and can pull apart quite easily. I'd rather not have o rings or jubilee clips if possible.

I guess I bought the wrong size, will an extra mm on each side be enough to sort it? What does everyone ride use for their tubeless setups?

:)

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

What did you use to make yours tubeless? I have barbed connectors on my pole hose to microbire and it doesn't leak , the odd time it would spray out a wee bit

3. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I used the diy method that a few people on here have posted about using a rectus 21 fitting.

For attaching the pole hose to reel hose I used a 6mm to 5mm straight barb connector and that's the problem. What size did you use?

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I actually just have my old push barb connectors on it still , I can't even remember the size but I remember putting then in boiling water to put them on and they've never came loose

5. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I'll maybe just go one size up and see if that works. :)

6. Poles Apart

There is a thread on DIY tubeless you only need a John Guest fitting it's easy.

7. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I've already done that, but I want a slimline and permanent connection between my microbore and the pole hose that now lives on the hose reel.

I've just ordered a barbed connector 1mm bigger than what I tried first. Fingers crossed it will be a better fit.

Advertisement