Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner quick lock system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Siimon

Does anyone have problems taking brushes off? Mine seem to be spot welded on and need a hammer to tap off the brushes. Perhaps I have the slow lock version /emoticons/unsure.png any tips o_O

Does anyone have problems taking brushes off? Mine seem to be spot welded on and need a hammer to tap off the brushes. Perhaps I have the slow lock version /emoticons/unsure.png any tips o_O
How old are they? The earlier ones are tighter, they have been modified recently so the tolerances are not so close.

There are fit problems with them. I have had to adjust most of mine to make them fit. And I know others have too.

I use a grind wheel on a drill or file to adjust the male parts and a smaller grinder on a drill for the female parts.

The forms they are made from aren't all the same either, as some need adjusting and others don't.

They are an excellent idea, but some works needs done by Gardiners to make they work properly 'out if the box'.

My advice to you Siimon, adjust them as you will just get frustrated and risk breaking something if you don't and continue with them too tight.

----------

Paul

Mine range from 1.5 yrs to a few months old, just annoying having to custom fit them yourself . I have one old red Gardiner sill brush which fits the male fittings perfect. Not sure how to link Alex to this thread? I think a recall /emoticons/smile.png)

Mine range from 1.5 yrs to a few months old, just annoying having to custom fit them yourself . I have one old red Gardiner sill brush which fits the male fittings perfect. Not sure how to link Alex to this thread? I think a recall /emoticons/smile.png)
@Alex Gardiner

Mine are all ok so far. Only been using them for 3 months though. So far they are great. Love them
clear.png

Last edited:
Back