Strapped In ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, Mar 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

just curious if this is ok and strapped in, i tried to lift it and move it about but its solid to the floor and it wont budge. its strapped down really tight.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. charlie

charlie Banned

wont stop it moveing forward in a crash

3. Richy

Richy Active Member

I would try to get the straps over the front corners, rather than over the sides .
    Behind the seats. If that makes sense.
    You will have more force in an emergency stop might push through straps off.
    Only guessing.

You beat me to it Newbie.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

If possible I would try and use the baffle cut out in the middle.

Also a simple wooden frame would help a lot.

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

but thers a massive black metal thing between me and the tank, thats solid and dont move. i looked at it cartwheeling from the rear up and thats why i strapped it that way in.

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

The Bulkhead will do that.

Think I'd use 4 shorter straps and loop them through the hole where the baffle is, to each corner or side....but that's me :) .

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

seriously when u crash the rear comes up with momentum and it wont come up. the bulk heads solid metal and aint moving. if anything theres more chance of the engine landing on my lap to be honest.

tell u what i got water in it now, just 100L ill test it tomora morning, ill wack the breaks on lol

8. OoO

OoO Guest

I was on my phone, thought it was a flimsy metal thing. But yeah i would be happy, as the black metal thing should stop it. I would still look at a wooden cage if your are not going to get a metal one.

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

damo im going to build some kinda wooden thing over it with a place to put my plastic boxes with clothes and ecover etc in. i got an old metal mesh guard thing that will fit in the back aswell which im going to mod to stop the boxes coming forward, i dont want anything that the insurance ppl can say its a perm fixture if that makes sense. i got the tap on etc and its needs the split relay installed this week when it comes and the wooden box to hold the battery in, thats one thing id be more scared of coming forwards.

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Sounds like a plan batman.

Advertisement