Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what resin?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

just went to order tulsion mb115 from daqua, and out of stock. Heard about issues with other suppliers, and was wondering what's the next best without breaking the bank? @doug atkinson is there more coming in very soon, as just checked tds after couple weeks (TDS meter packed up, been too busy to sort out) and reads 10 (oops!!). Need some asap, any recommendations guys? Only need 10l for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
unger is good i use it every now and then  never had a issue with qualty it does smell different to tulsion for some resin , ive also hurd the ionic resin is good 

There is a major shortage and what we have coming in will be gone in a day or probably sold by then.

Unger have major problems have have cut their suppliers from 60 odd to around 16.

Local lads having used Unger have gone through 3 bags to 1 Tulsion.

Things will not improve until maybe March next year.

Unger, Ionics etc.get their resin from China who have been closing facilities down so the big corporations have put pressure as they have invested millions.

Any resin from China will 100% NOT be the same spec.

So to say they are the same with our local water at 105 ppm local guys are finding the complete opposite.

i am not saying do not buy as there is not enough stock to go around but capacity does differ

I used unger for years and found it left better shine on the windows when dried. Tried Tulsion for the first time this month although it was the black stuff supposedly imported from America it's been ok but lasted 6 weeks same as Unger. Still think Unger leaves a better shine but that's just my opinion. Hopefully won't need resin as of Monday  as waiting to use spotless max. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Doug . I've been waiting for you to get your tulsi on back in stock . I can probably last until the end of the month . But I'm a little concerned when you say it will all be gone in a day. Does that mean I can pre order it or just got to wait until the 27th and take pot luck you have some . I don't want to be running round after then or ending up with any inferior resin. As yours is the only stuff I use . Any help cheers . 

I don't know but I'm willing too try it untill you try these things you won't know. And really you believe that?? I'm sure it would be illegal to even use such a chemical and he would get sued. Also if it didn't work why's he bringing it out? You could sue him for that too. Too many people are too quick to judge. In my opinion I'll try any thing once to make my job easier. Who ever thought the reach and wash would work untill you tried it lol. 

Hi Doug . I've been waiting for you to get your tulsi on back in stock . I can probably last until the end of the month . But I'm a little concerned when you say it will all be gone in a day. Does that mean I can pre order it or just got to wait until the 27th and take pot luck you have some . I don't want to be running round after then or ending up with any inferior resin. As yours is the only stuff I use . Any help cheers . 

Give us a ring on Monday. We have many pre orders and I will have to check what we have left 

There is a major shortage and what we have coming in will be gone in a day or probably sold by then.

Unger have major problems have have cut their suppliers from 60 odd to around 16.

Local lads having used Unger have gone through 3 bags to 1 Tulsion.

Things will not improve until maybe March next year.

Unger, Ionics etc.get their resin from China who have been closing facilities down so the big corporations have put pressure as they have invested millions.

Any resin from China will 100% NOT be the same spec.

So to say they are the same with our local water at 105 ppm local guys are finding the complete opposite.

i am not saying do not buy as there is not enough stock to go around but capacity does differ
is it just tulsion with shortages or will it probably be everyone who will have stock issues? Only asking to see if its worth stocking up

Back