Streamline Ecostream system - Anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Cookie, Oct 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cookie

Cookie Member

Hi Everyone, I've been using a PF trolley for the last six months or so and looking at a van mount ...

So my question is as above. Does anyone have any experience of these systems? Are they any good? I like the idea that the hose reel is housed within the tank footprint and that the fixings to attach the tank in the van are provided...

http://www.streamlinesystems.info/p.../9/ecostream™-250ltr-purification-system/130/

http://www.streamlinesystems.info/p.../9/ecostream™-400ltr-purification-system/132/

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I don't have one so I can't comment personally, sorry.

Streamline have been around a while so I doubt it will be poor quality.

I personally don't like that small bracket fixing shown in the illustration. As I don't see a further fixing bracket down the length of the tank I have to presume that there is another small fixing bracket at the other end.

The hose reel is a quality reel suitable for 100m of 6mm microbore hose. Will it hold 100m of 8mm minibore hose? I don't think it does.

I personally won't work with a fixed hose reel in the van as I would have to leave the back doors open. I don't like doing that from a security point of view. There is also the possibility of damage that a strong gust of wind can do to the door and hinges. (I have seen a van come into the dealership with a rear door that had torn the side panels away with the hinges. The driver said that a gust of wind ripped the door out of his hand when he went to retrieve a parcel.)

It couldn't have just been a one off case as Fiat later added a strengthening panel to each side of the body during production.

3. Cookie

Cookie Member

Hi Spruce, Thanks for the reply. Good to know that Streamline have been around for a while. I believe on the 400L system there 3 brackets down each side. There's a Window cleaning supplier that sell Streamline equipment in Carmarthenshire, (not too far away from me), so I may pop down sometime & take a look.

Advertisement