Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting long strips of grass out of gutter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

There was this strip of grass which wouldn't suck out with vac.  Managed to pull bits over side but it wouldn't pull off.  The strip was over a metre long.  How I get this out? 

Also, when u use the narrow ended part of vac or large round bit? 

I tried that but job was 30ft high n it wasnt any good as too much flex on slx to get.
I got the weedhook from gutter cleaning systems with gutter vac. I still struggled using it at height as it was pure turf n gutters had the little brackets every meter along. Havent finished that job, should have been a cherry picker job really.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Generally we would break it into sections and vac it out if it blocks the vac pipe at the tool end just put it in the floor remove the plant growth then back into the gutters and carry on 

Generally we would break it into sections and vac it out if it blocks the vac pipe at the tool end just put it in the floor remove the plant growth then back into the gutters and carry on 

All rooty and stuck together, we couldn't break it up. 

How I do that? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these, it’s literally a bent dinner fork rivited to an aluminium section, if you got a spare goose neck you could drill into and bolt the fork to it.

I have a stainless slash cut pipe that I use for breaking stuff up, it’s much sturdier.

I have one of these, it’s literally a bent dinner fork rivited to an aluminium section, if you got a spare goose neck you could drill into and bolt the fork to it.

I have a stainless slash cut pipe that I use for breaking stuff up, it’s much sturdier.
I got an unger 6 metre aluminium pole. Maybe it would be better than my SLX.  Firmer with more weight behind it for whacking.   

I have that but when slx is at 30ft, theres alot of bend in the pole n if your trying to break up well established turf that doest want to budge its not that good, but but be fine with normal crud.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

May be try hooking it out of the gutter with it instead? Strange as we rarely have any issues and we do some seriously choked guttering 

Latest Posts

Back