streamline trolley system with onboard di vessel?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paddy, Apr 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paddy

paddy Active Member

hi , ive just joined your forum and would like some advice please. its regarding a Streamline trolley system that advertises as being able to fill it with tap water and off you go. is this correct? it would be ideal if this is the case, im just getting into wfp (been a trad cleaner 15yr) I only have a Vauxhall Astra estate car, so ive limited space plus I cant carry pre-pured water, theres five of us in the car .it wouldn't take the weight of canisters of water too, hence the trolley that cleans the water as you go. ive been quoted £1300.00 for the complete system, including a 30ft pole for 3 storeys. would really appreciate any input/ideas/advice from members please.

http://www.allcleangroup.co.uk/acatalog/Streamline-Trolley-System-WFP.html#SID=60

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Hi and welcome
    The streamline trolley is extortion you could make one for couple hundred quid!
    Regards purifying with the onboard vessel yes it would make pure water instantly but to fill the barrel at the recommended rate to get the most out of the resin would be 25 min at 1lpm so you would be spending 25 min after each house filling the drum!also if filling at customer house if there tap water has a high ppm you would burn through resin and cost you a fortune

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

To build that exact trolley and buy a decent gardiner pole would be half the cost of what they charge

4. paddy

paddy Active Member

firstly thanks for your input Eviestevie I appreciate it. you've probably guessed im a complete novice on the wfp scene, am I right in thinking the water gets filtered on the way into the trolley system (as your filling it with tap water) and not as its coming out, is this what takes 25 minutes or so?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome paddy :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have a proper paddy wagon with 5 crew in the same car. I bet the car must stink of wet scrims and all? :rolleyes:

I would not mess about with a trolley myself and go straight for a decent size 2 man van mount and let the other 3 use the car until you can get another wfp van on the road.

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

The water passes through the vessel so the resin in the vessel is what does the work and makes the water pure
    The vessel has in out which you just fit garden hose on to these
    You can pump it through quicker than I stated but usual rule is the slower you filter the longer the resin will last and resin is quite expensive so you want to make it last
    See pic I use this backpack trolley for hard to access houses terraces etc and few shops were carnt get van
    Total cost of this was £125 and does same job as streamline trolley but you would need a do vessel but there about 50quid on eBay image.jpg

7. Maurice Richardson

It's quite common to use on demand DI trolleys in Australia. This is what I use. It's very similar to ones that are sold here I've just 'streamlined ' it a bit to make it simpler & lighter. It's just trolley , carbon/sediment filter, di canister & detergent Injector. I also have a smaller vehicle & it's a fold up trolley all up weight about 30kg. P1030261.JPG All up about $600AUD. A really versatile little work horse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So what if you work in a hard water area like me then as that di trolley would be no good for putting high tds of 260 ppm through it surely?

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

nce set up maurice :thumbsup: the injectore looks a smart ider;)

10. Maurice Richardson

Alan , when I converted to just DI our tds was 280ppm. Luckily it's now 140ppm. I guess it's something you've got to weigh up with cost. We are fortunate enough here to have access to clients outdoor taps all the time. And despite our dry country people don't fret about water usage. I'm in a coastal suburb with steep blocks & tight access , often where the vehicle is parked is way above or below the home & that causes flow & hose issues down stairs around bushes.

For me it comes down to convenience plug & play . With an onsite RO you need a pump & why bother pre filtering water at home when it's 'on tap' And time is money . What I spend on DI I more than make up in time savings.
    Everyone has a way of doing things that suits them & this is ours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement