Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling to make end meet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

IMO Facebook customers aren’t ones you really want. Generally penny pinchers who’ll try for the cheapest price, mess you around and cancel you if they lose 2 hours a week at work
Recommendations is the only way as generally you keep them. I keep my customers if they move locally and also a lot of the time gain the new home owner also. I’ve never advertised and I’m fast approaching 500 customers
Offer everything when starting up, learn to do it all. Then you can pick and choose if you dislike doing say a conny roof of f/s/g
Be as flexible and as accommodating as possible also. This will come in time when you can and have to tell people no I can’t come back tomorrow I’m 10 miles away
When people know your doing well and have so many customers it gives them confidence in you as your obviously doing something right
Customers from the buy and sell pages are a waste of time yes…. but if u do facebook ads then its the total opposite.

In the end I have found that if you pay for adverts then it usually pays off or no one would do it. Sometimes one goes through a spell that everything clicks together and other times a negative run lasts a while and that's when the newbies give up.

I’m totally new to FB and just post in the group pages. How do the ads work better?? I was thinking of doing some.
Personally, I'd stay away from the paid ads. I'm sure they probably work for some, but I tried it during the first lockdown and the return was terrible, I got better results just by posting an ad in a buy and sell group for free.

Leaflets and canvassing are a known result (knock on enough doors or post enough leaflets and you will get customers), fb you could spend £100 and get zilch.

Different stuff works for different people. Personally I wouldn’t waste thousands advertising that’s a good family holiday and some. Potentially you could get nothing from that too? word of mouth is the Best way to gain proper customer. Also Speak to people in the street that you come accross or even a smile goes a long way. I have no qualms giving a rough quote or asking what they’re being charged by their current window cleaner really couldn’t give a toss about stepping on toes. If they’re being ripped off they’re welcome to be a customer of mine whenever they want
It’s been said on here don’t talk to customers etc it’s business but I disagree, solidifying your relationship makes it harder for customers to cancel you if your providing a good service, good price and a trustworthy presentable person
If you’ve got no banter and can’t have a joke with people it’s probably best to not speak to them though as they’d sack ya anyways for being a boring twet ?

The residents groups tend to be decent with recommendations but we have had wasters, as a general rule not as many as FB direct though.
Definitely, the best of FB as people looking for a cleaner will get a better view of who to contact.

It's a double-edged sword to a point though, I get recommended for doing a top job although I've no doubt plenty will say my prices are high but you want the ones willing to pay a bit more to have the job done properly and see the value in the service provided.

Back