Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stuart mc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have never seen one but their principal of using water that is lower in ms/cm than normal mixed bed resin does give a better clean. Basically the last filtration process is Nuclear Grade resin which a few of our customers now use as final rinse.

The process is R/O to MB resin to NC Resin.

Can be done at 10th of the price.

Where this is used if companies require quarterly cleans instead of monthly cleans with using NG water it is far superior than normal MB water.

Have never seen one but their principal of using water that is lower in ms/cm than normal mixed bed resin does give a better clean. Basically the last filtration process is Nuclear Grade resin which a few of our customers now use as final rinse.

The process is R/O to MB resin to NC Resin.

Can be done at 10th of the price.

Where this is used if companies require quarterly cleans instead of monthly cleans with using NG water it is far superior than normal MB water.
In what way is it superior? If the water is zero ppm is this not the optimum?

In what way is it superior? If the water is zero ppm is this not the optimum?
Using nuclear grade resin gives you 18 ohm water which means it’s not reading 000 on a tds meter it will read -018 if you have a complicated meter that will read it , it does clean better and faster I did try it years ago but don't think it’s much advantage for regular cleans

Using nuclear grade resin gives you 18 ohm water which means it’s not reading 000 on a tds meter it will read -018 if you have a complicated meter that will read it , it does clean better and faster I did try it years ago but don't think it’s much advantage for regular cleans
What does ohm stand for? Also, you say it cleans better and faster, in what way does it clean better?

Just trying to get my head around it :unsure: ?

What does ohm stand for? Also, you say it cleans better and faster, in what way does it clean better?

Just trying to get my head around it :unsure: ?
Cannot remember what it stands for but have a look on Ionic’s website there zero PPB ( parts per billion) systems use the nuclear grade resin and it’s explained on there how it works .
most of us aim for 000 TDS water , the 18 ohm water is below the 000 so is minus 001-018 if I remember correctly from what Craig mawlam explained it to me , it’s quite straight forward but to measure it you need a meter that costs about £400 ??? typical Ionic’s ???.
when you use 18 ohm water it’s more aggressive at eating into the dirt so it comes off much quicker especially things like salt, bird poo , bee pollen , and other dried on dirt , some don't believe it and poo poo it but having used it it does clean quicker with less effort , to try and put it in understandable words just like metal is attracted to a magnet the stronger the magnet the more more metal it will hold , the 18 ohm water being in the minus scale is much faster at de solving dirt as water wants to attract dirt as it’s ultra pure it absorbs dirt much faster than just 000 water , this is how Craig explained it to me

Last edited:
Cannot remember what it stands for but have a look on Ionic’s website there zero PPB ( parts per billion) systems use the nuclear grade resin and it’s explained on there how it works .
most of us aim for 000 TDS water , the 18 ohm water is below the 000 so is minus 001-018 if I remember correctly from what Craig mawlam explained it to me , it’s quite straight forward but to measure it you need a meter that costs about £400 ??? typical Ionic’s ???.
when you use 18 ohm water it’s more aggressive at eating into the dirt so it comes off much quicker especially things like salt, bird poo , bee pollen , and other dried on dirt , some don't believe it and poo poo it but having used it it does clean quicker with less effort , to try and put it in understandable words just like metal is attracted to a magnet the stronger the magnet the more more metal it will hold , the 18 ohm water being in the minus scale is much faster at de solving dirt as water wants to attract dirt as it’s ultra pure it absorbs dirt much faster than just 000 water , this is how Craig explained it to me
Cheers for the info. Interesting, I'll have a look into it. I cannot understand how it can be minus 0 as zero to me means zero dissolved solids (pure water), be interesting to read up on it.

Always a useful resource this forum :)

Cheers for the info. Interesting, I'll have a look into it. I cannot understand how it can be minus 0 as zero to me means zero dissolved solids (pure water), be interesting to read up on it.

I haven’t got the time to look it all up at the moment the original stuff that was in there website I can find but hears a little bit about it try Googling it when you have time it’s an interesting read

Attachments

• IMG_0167.png
    IMG_0167.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 4

You’re not using true pure water and it doesn’t really have 0 dissolved solids. 0ppm is parts per million and will be the maximum your TDS meter can read.

However, that means there may be a smaller amount of a molecule in your water that your TDS meter doesn’t read. You need to be able to measure even smaller, hence, PPB, parts per billion.

So, and I may need correcting here, let’s say you had something dissolved in water at the following concentration:

0.0001g per litre

A TDS meter reading PBM would show 0, as it only measure a to the 3rd decimal place.
A PBB though would show the impurity as it measures 4th (and maybe beyond).

Some info I found Googling:

‘Parts per million (ppm) is how many parts a certain molecule or compound makes up within the one million parts of the whole solution.’
‘One thousandth of a gram (0.001g) in 1000 ml is one ppm.’

You’re not using true pure water and it doesn’t really have 0 dissolved solids. 0ppm is parts per million and will be the maximum your TDS meter can read.

However, that means there may be a smaller amount of a molecule in your water that your TDS meter doesn’t read. You need to be able to measure even smaller, hence, PPB, parts per billion.

So, and I may need correcting here, let’s say you had something dissolved in water at the following concentration:

0.0001g per litre

A TDS meter reading PBM would show 0, as it only measure a to the 3rd decimal place.
A PBB though would show the impurity as it measures 4th (and maybe beyond).

Some info I found Googling:

‘Parts per million (ppm) is how many parts a certain molecule or compound makes up within the one million parts of the whole solution.’
‘One thousandth of a gram (0.001g) in 1000 ml is one ppm.’
Cheers for that. That seems correct but I think the stuff that Ionics is on about is removing all organic material as well, so no bacteria. How much of a difference that makes to the cleaning process I wouldn't know. It does lead me to question what actually is left in water with a zero reading. Like I can understand that there will be minuscule mineral deposits in there, but say you strip those out, well what else is in there?

Also starts to make me think about the potential of adding beneficial ingredients to it. A bit like when you're cleaning a car, you add a wax to make it shine and repel dirt. Purified water is excellent stuff, but all this talk of getting the water cleaner with no bacteria starts to make me think about what's possible for further improvement.

Be becoming atom level scientists soon... :LOL:

Nuclear Grade resin takes away all organics. It is measured in ms/cm and you need a special meter to use it. This does interest me as when you start to measure in those measurements it tells you what grade the resin is.

Our customers who use this often comment how it sheets better on the glass.

It is not everyone's taste but I'm still doing a lot of research into this.

Back