Stupid question time

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Aug 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am getting a wfp backpack and have been trad all my life
    A few new cleans lately have had paint specks on the upstairs glass from decorating etc
    It takes ages to get it off by cleaning then getting the trusty scraper out
    how do you guys get them off the window as you can't even see them from the ground or do you leave it all on there
    Not being funny but I am new to wfp and don't see how you can call it clean if it has paint specks all over

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

i do trad and get them off bit by bit as they can knacker my blade but i not very happy at decorators who do the job on a windy day...as for wfp....hmmm well ...they do have a scraper that attaches to the pole....off course...paint specs dont affect wfp cleans so i suppose they are left on...... to me...the bloody decorator should remove them or cover the bloomin window...

good post though dave...i had one recently that looked like it had been snowing on most of the windows...cant remember if i got it off...i kn0w my contract work took a half a time extra to get rid of paint...wfp ers over to you....

3. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

WFP will not remove paint spots. It would have to be done by trad/scraper & charged accordingly- it is the customer's issue after all.;)

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Thanks
    I usually do it on a first clean bit it is in the price..
    I may do first cleans trad to charge the money then wfp the top ones next time
    only going wfp for the awkward ones first of all but probably for all top windows I think

5. cheapncheerful

oh you will find its a little bit addictive wfp dave...only time i get annoyed is when the water runs out...or the battery...grrr..before long you will be wfp ing everything...:rofl:

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

:D:D:D

Too right!!

Yeah, it'll not be long before you feel hard done by each time you have to use a ladder!!

7. cheapncheerful

i especially like it on neglected connys....loads of spiders etc...do it trad...hard work ...wfp...good fun...scrub em all away..did a huge one the other day...and got a text to say thanks for the clean windows..cant say more than that.....:D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Gonna enjoy using my new ladders and trad gear for a bit but I reckon conny roofs would be fun with wfp

9. J D

J D Well-Known Member

When you go wfp fully davey you will realise only then how mad you actually were cleaning windows of a ladder! You'll also realise how **** the pay was and how bleeding hard the job was! Once you go wfp you will never wish to return to traditional methods ever again!

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^ he's right.

Advertisement