Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying acrylic instead of clear coat

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

As the topic says, for a while now when i refurb my facelift 22 i have been using clear coat, a product called U pol

But this time i am trying acrylic, basically the same but i was talking to a man who knows about these things the other week and he reckons acrylic is harder wearing.......i bloody hope so, its getting tedious now the amount of times this pole needs sorting.

Out of interest how many times do you reckon you can wet and dry then respray these pole sections, beginning to think that after summer it might be worth getting a fresh pole, it will be pretty much 2 years old by then.

I love my facelift pole but just wish they were harder wearing, i'm hoping the longer i hold out the more time they have to update their range and address the longevity of their poles

As the topic says, for a while now when i refurb my facelift 22 i have been using clear coat, a product called U pol
But this time i am trying acrylic, basically the same but i was talking to a man who knows about these things the other week and he reckons acrylic is harder wearing.......i bloody hope so, its getting tedious now the amount of times this pole needs sorting.

Out of interest how many times do you reckon you can wet and dry then respray these pole sections, beginning to think that after summer it might be worth getting a fresh pole, it will be pretty much 2 years old by then.

I love my facelift pole but just wish they were harder wearing, i'm hoping the longer i hold out the more time they have to update their range and address the longevity of their poles
i also have the facelift 22 an im thinking i need to do some thing as its wereing out very quick grrrrrr luv the clamps but i wouldent get a nother thats for shore im a bit peed off with it these last few weeks

Tuffers, first off.........you dummy lol and second i used 2500

Tench, speaking from a hard lesson learnt, swap the offending clamps asap or they will wear the pole. I know what you mean about being peed off with it, but if you maintain it regularly, and i mean once a month at least.....before it wears out too much the clamps last an age, but if you just use it and use it you will go through clamps and pole sections rapidly.

I clean mine about twice a week at least, which involves a complete strip down and flushing and drying it completely.

I feel your anger towards not getting another but it is a very fast pole to use, if i use my slx on the same work i bet i am at least 10 minutes slower over a days work, just wish facelift would use the same carbon as gardiners.

thanks for the tip m8 ill clean mine twice a week frm now on when u say change the clamp do u mean the hole thing leaver an clamp body??

No as long as you don't over tighten the clamps in frustration like i used to the clamps are fine, just the clamp body.

Since i have been ocd with cleaning and sanding and spraying with lacquer i haven't had to mess with the clamps once.

I have tried something different this time, i cleaned the internal part of the clamp body and gave that a couple of coats too.

it looks like I am in the same boat, got a 22 pro and its wearing down fast. I put a coat on a week ago and its almost worn off. I will give the acrylic a go this weekend.

Yeah koop the acrylic is much hardier than clear coat, mine is not showing any signs of wear after a hard weeks work, i'll only use acrylic now

When i used to use clear coat after half an hour the pole sections were scuffing up quite a bit, and after two days it was back to square one

I used Hycote, and got it from car accessories shop. But next time i might simonz which i think might be the best but will do a little research and asking round to confirm

Back