Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Costs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

F

Franchesca Gardner

Hi everyone,

I am asking this question for two reasons, firstly I am looking in to the investment of a window cleaning business to run along side my fathers current cleaning business, secondly because I am writing an assignment for college and need some rough prices.

How much would it averagely cost to purchase a pole window cleaning kit, new or second hand?

If there are other costs, such as insurance etc, that need to be taken in to consideration?

and the on going costs for water treatment etc?

Your answers will be much appreciated.

Fran

Can give you some links to contact a few suppliers directly for futher info might be best. Everyone on here uses different kit and I'm sure the suppliers of products and services would be happy to help you out.

Gleaming insurance http://www.gleaminginsurance.co.uk/

Van insurance - ask your farther who he uses

Gardiner poles systemes http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

Pure Freedom http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/

There are a lot more but that should be enough for now to get enough info for your assignment.

Depends on the wfp system & van; average weekly cost including operating cost can be between £150 -£200 in the first few years. You’re unlikely to get it much below £150 per week.

As Smurf said you need to contact suppliers and put together a plan of your own

Richard

Depends on the wfp system & van; average weekly cost including operating cost can be between £150 -£200 in the first few years. You’re unlikely to get it much below £150 per week.

Richard
£150-£200 per week costs?

hmmmm I thought that too Tuffers if you would care to explain in more detail Richard.

For new starts using wfp, the set up & operating cost over the first few years will be more than they think. When they have had the van &wfp system for a few years or more, the figure can go down.

The amount does depend on the start up investment and the lifetime use of the equipment.

Richard

For new starts using wfp' date=' the set up & operating cost over the first few years will be more than they think. When they have had the van &wfp system for a few years or more, the figure can go down. [/font'] 

The amount does depend on the start up investment and the lifetime use of the equipment.

Richard

Still none the wiser.

Richard
As you having a laugh.!!!!

Still none the wiser.
Just add up what your total cost could be or have been for the first 3 years - Put down everything i.e. 3 years worth of diesel, 3 years road tax, 3 years insurance, the cost of purchase for the van, van sign writing, any other repairs or improvements etc. Do the same with the rest of your business cost, and then divide that figure to get your average weekly cost.

The cost should include everything; try not to miss out anything. You can do it over 2 years or 4 years or 5 it’s up to you, whatever you want.

Then look at the length of time when you are likely or will replace any equipment, for example a new van and the main parts of the wfp system can easily last 10 years plus, but if your earning go over the threshold its prudent to buy a new van after 5 years, but this depends on what you are planning/expecting to turnover each month.

Keep your cost inline with your turnover

Richard

Back