Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dogs!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Ok, so today I had a run in with a customers neighbours white german shepherd who found his way through a hedge and I ended up straddling a fence with a 15-20ft drop on the other side ringing the customer to tell them to get their neighbour to get the dog.

Now, I'm sick of dogs, bitten by one 2 months ago, had a stand off with one growling and showing teeth couple weeks ago, and now this.

Question is, when dealing with rogue dogs who threaten to attack me, what are my defences?

I cannot carry a gun obviously, but what personal protection against vicious animals are available to me?

I was thinking of pepper spray mainly, as this would really mess with a dogs head and render him useless.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Dreading that as I have no idea what to do, was a big one next door when I was doing a house other day was pooing myself lol. I do carry dog treats in the car though so can make friends with custies dogs if they're willing.

I just found pepper spray is illegal, so is any liquid modified in a container that can cause harm.

I hear some people carry cif lemon, as that will sting like hell if got in the eyes, I could always keep it concentrate in a spray, dogs wouldn't want to come near after smelling that close up.

Masons you need to stand up to them, try jumping up and down waving your arms and growling as loud as you can.. Don't show them you are scared. If they don't back down run at it and do the same growling and arm waving.. If you both go at it then try get a hold of one of its legs and just snap it..

That's what I plan to do when some pooch tries to give me back cheek

Hmm, I can see the RSPCA getting busier
hehehe, I always got vinegar and ecover in my sprayer on a belt so quick turn of nozzle and it can shoot 15 feet easy. Straight between the eyes, formulated for window cleaning not illegal and done in self defence = sorted.

It's the legs and neck snapping I mean, at this rate well be advise to break into the kennels, club the docile chihuahua before it gets in first!

I was posting a receipt today in a letterbox and i could hear the letterbox so i never posted it properly ! dont want my fingers bitten off

Yes, I'm definitely losing this battle I am!
I'm actually an animal lover and don't condone any violence towards the poor little things.

Unless he starts it then it's every man (or beast) for themselves.

I was posting a receipt today in a letterbox and i could hear the letterbox so i never posted it properly ! dont want my fingers bitten off
Stick a bone through and when he goes for it, grab his tongue see how he likes it.

I'll stop now, I'm beginning to sound like I don't like dogs lol.

I got attacked by a custys dog about a week ago it was a sharpie muscley thing pinned me to the fence and bit my leg not hard but hard enougth for me to yelp like a girl, I hd my a frame ladder so I pinned it's head to the floor with it and was screaming on the owner, I can honestly say that dog going at me scared me more than a patrol in afghan I hate unknown dogs with a passion

Do letterboxes bite lol
I couldnt slip the card through if u no what i mean.... cos of the black bristles.... to slot it through i had to dip my fingers in ! not worth the risk....

I called back around for the money though.... and i said to the man did u get my receipt? He goes to me no.... i opened his letterbox up and got it out and said to him i couldnt do it because of the dog and he started laughing lol,,, he is a store manager at pets at home /emoticons/smile.png lool

Now i think everyone knows every ONE of your customers H lol.

I'd do same thing, post it half way, they'll get their mail eventually.

Back