Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2000 Leaflets Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Colley614

Had 2000 leaflets delivered this week the only phone call I've had so far is the local window cleaner telling me the unwritten rules of other people patch

IVe heard that story before, My reply. ''Im making new rules!'' lol
Like it! Stolen for future reference, although count myself lucky as I have never come across any of these idiots. All the other windies I've met have been really nice and pleasant.

Like it! Stolen for future reference, although count myself lucky as I have never come across any of these idiots. All the other windies I've met have been really nice and pleasant.
I get on with 2-3 of them around my area, the rest I see as rivals lol

Got 2 phone calls today from the area, looking forward to pricing them up. I've been thinking A) Why did his customer show him my leaflet and B) He must have seen his backside to actually phone me.

I work on jobs where I bump into other windies all the time and never have a problem. Now I've met 2 idiots in my area. I had one trying to tell me I'm not a proper windie because I use the water fed pole system. Truth is I went into a smith and jones pub because the windows where minging and got the job, when I did it there was another windie sat outside. I spoke to the manager who explained they sacked him because he was taking the proverbial, missing windows and leaving the place a mess. The manager told me how I had restored his faith in window cleaners. I went and spoke to this windie and he was trying to play mind games with me. He told me real window cleaners don't use pole systems. I told him he must not do much commercial work as there is no way you can do a risk assessment for ladder work without it being questioned. He told me that you can't fall off a ladder, I know loads of window cleaners who have was my reply. Not real window cleaners I was told. To boil it all down the guy has had his own business for 8 years and has a P reg van. Doesn't wear a uniform and looks a mess. If I'd been trading 8 years I'd have at least 1 new van on the road and it would be a top spec set up.

I can't stand people who do the minimum to call themselves a window cleaner and then pull the rest of us down. I used to work on the ladders on my old rover and I used to struggle to do £100 a day. With my system in my van I know I could double that and leave the job looking cleaner. Don't get me wrong I'm not water fed through and through, if I thought I could do a better job with a blade I'll get it out the van.

Got 2 phone calls today from the area, looking forward to pricing them up. I've been thinking A) Why did his customer show him my leaflet and B) He must have seen his backside to actually phone me.

I work on jobs where I bump into other windies all the time and never have a problem. Now I've met 2 idiots in my area. I had one trying to tell me I'm not a proper windie because I use the water fed pole system. Truth is I went into a smith and jones pub because the windows where minging and got the job, when I did it there was another windie sat outside. I spoke to the manager who explained they sacked him because he was taking the proverbial, missing windows and leaving the place a mess. The manager told me how I had restored his faith in window cleaners. I went and spoke to this windie and he was trying to play mind games with me. He told me real window cleaners don't use pole systems. I told him he must not do much commercial work as there is no way you can do a risk assessment for ladder work without it being questioned. He told me that you can't fall off a ladder, I know loads of window cleaners who have was my reply. Not real window cleaners I was told. To boil it all down the guy has had his own business for 8 years and has a P reg van. Doesn't wear a uniform and looks a mess. If I'd been trading 8 years I'd have at least 1 new van on the road and it would be a top spec set up.

I can't stand people who do the minimum to call themselves a window cleaner and then pull the rest of us down. I used to work on the ladders on my old rover and I used to struggle to do £100 a day. With my system in my van I know I could double that and leave the job looking cleaner. Don't get me wrong I'm not water fed through and through, if I thought I could do a better job with a blade I'll get it out the van.
You are a great window cleaner by the sounds of it /emoticons/biggrin.png You are professional comapred to that other window cleaner.... Well done mate just stick at it /emoticons/biggrin.png Your doing well.... Some window cleaners hate it when they see other cleaners... but these are the ones that dont do a good job... the people who do a good job know that..... they got nothing to worry about if they do a good job /emoticons/smile.png

my pach bull .but in the post he says i kow lodes of windys who fell off ,and the trad lad who sade u carnt fall off.,my conclushtion is yes ladders are dangerus ,and a trad lad who deluded him self he carnt fall off

This guy I was speaking to was very self indulgent. He was speaking to me like I was a tumbler and had much to learn. Truth is my last job I was a supervisor of a large window cleaning firm and supervised 3 vans and a 7.5 tonne 22 metre mewp. I also did a lot of quoting with the manager on big commercials.

I can't wait until I've been trading 12 months. I'm currently getting a website done. My van sign written, new leaflet design with landline and then I'm going to join the federation so I look really professional. Then I want to get a second van with bigger system and pole. At the moment I'm doing leaflet drops and soon I want to get the telesales started to get some commercials in.

as i always say ladders are 100% safe when used in the right way with the right gear to make it safe! the only dangerous part of a ladder is the user not using it propery! i've had 15yrs using ladders (not window cleaning) and never had a fall or anything with them!

as i always say ladders are 100% safe when used in the right way with the right gear to make it safe! the only dangerous part of a ladder is the user not using it propery! i've had 15yrs using ladders (not window cleaning) and never had a fall or anything with them!
I agree ladders are safe in the right hands. But risk assessment wise the potential injury can be massive so the HSE don't like them. I won't knock people for using ladders but at the same time I don't like people who pull down the water fed pole system. In the wrong hands you get a quality issue. Where as with ladders, in the wrong hands you get a massive safety issue.

at times in the risk assements using ladders are the only safest way to clean windows.

thats the best thing about being trained in the job you do, i personaly think everyone should be trained in the job they do.

I posted 2000 flyers 3 month back I got one call yesterday lol that was it, I've gave up on them now

at times in the risk assements using ladders are the only safest way to clean windows.

thats the best thing about being trained in the job you do, i personaly think everyone should be trained in the job they do.
As do I. I also think there should be a lot more done about rogue traders. The bottoms dropped out the market in my area. I'd be lucky to earn £50 a day as people expect to pay £3 for a 3 bed terraced where I live

Latest Posts

Back