Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

LOW WATER PRESSURE, Vyair sugests

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

With my low water pressure around 25-30psi , Vyair sugested i Purchase this item,

Continuous Operation 4040 Reverse Osmosis - Vyair (UK) Ltd

OM.RO.FRONT.1.400.jpg

When i saw the Price i nearly Choked on my VIENESE WHIRL. @ £1200. IM NOT USED TO SPENDING THIS KIND OF WONGA.

From my 300 RO @ £150ish to £1200.

there must be a cheaper alternatinve, The DI will take its toll as well.

Continuous Operation 4040 Reverse Osmosis - Vyair (UK) Ltd

Thankyou for your email and my apologies for the delayed response.

I was on annual leave yesterday.

Based on your water pressure, the only option would be to go for a pumped unit.

So ideally, you would be looking to produce 500L within 12 hours.

I would suggest upgrading to a 4040 Ro unit.

We do have a pumped 4040 RO unit at just under £1200.00.

This would produce you around 3L per minute (180LPH).

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=546

So this would more than cope with your increased demand in the new year and any future expansion.

Please let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Then you need to stick with your standard r/o and put in an upright 650 or 1000 liter tank in your side enclosure.

Your r/o will produce enough water for you every day, but the r/o needs longer to process that water.

One of the local cleaners now living in Redcar has a part time employee 3 days a week who works along with him. His r/o 300GPD does him but he needs the booster pump to produce enough water. They get though an unbelievable amount of cleans a day.

If you are going to process water directly into your van, then you need a fast working r/o and a 4021 or 4040 is the right way to go. But you need a booster pump and you will need a controller that will switch the pump and water off when the tank is full.

4 years ago my 4040 cost me just shy of £1000 and I don't have a booster pump. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a r/o but my 450GPD wasn't producing enough water for the 3 of us. I've lost count of the times when I couldn't work a full day because the lads got priority with the remaining water toward the end of the week.

My son wanted me to replace the 3 membranes of my 450GPD and buy another 450 GPD and run them together. After I put this together and switched it on, I realised that I should have replaced that 450GPD years ago.

IMHO if you are going to grow and your son is getting more and more involved you have to invest. If you don't have water you can't clean windows - period.

Yes, you can buy water in from Dave Kent but he shouldn't be your 'crutch'. He is a good backup. £15 for 500 liters is 2 cleans a tank before you start the day. 10 years ago a supplier in Redcar wanted £18 + VAT for 375 liters.

BTW, Dave's a genuinely nice guy, stop to chat whenever I see him around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just looked on PureFreedom site, They have a bigger choice of RO systems to choose from. Mainly id be quite happy with a system that isnt going to use a lot of resin also.

ATM my RO comes out at 002, before any Polishing off.

Continuous Operation 4040 Reverse Osmosis - Vyair (UK) LtdThankyou for your email and my apologies for the delayed response.

So this would more than cope with your increased demand in the new year and any future expansion.

Hi I have been looking at this system, as I have the ro 400 from vyair but I change membranes every year and it takes most of a night making water want something faster would this work and can u add a float vale to turn off then water tank is full. How long would 650ltrs take to make and I use around 600 a day 5 days week thanks John

Continuous Operation 4040 Reverse Osmosis - Vyair (UK) LtdThankyou for your email and my apologies for the delayed response.

Hi I have been looking at this system, as I have the ro 400 from vyair but I change membranes every year and it takes most of a night making water want something faster would this work and can u add a float vale to turn off then water tank is full. How long would 650ltrs take to make and I use around 600 a day 5 days week thanks John

Just use the figures Vyair have given Johnny. At 3 lpm = 180 liters per hour. To find out how many hours it would take divide 650 by 180 = 3.6 hours = just over 3 and a half hours.

No you can't just add a float valve to switch the water off. You need a float switch and a normally off solenoid valve to switch the water off into the r/o. The problem is finding one that will switch the booster pump they supply off as well.

What water pressure have you got? If its above 50 psi then you could get away with a 4040 with an HF5 membrane. Ours produces 2lpm of pure at 50psi. So that would take just over 5 and a half hours to fill your tank.

Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems and Water Filters with Axeon Membranes

sells 4040 r/o systems with decent membranes.

You then don't need a booster. You just need this;

Liquid Logic™ System Autofill - System Controllers - Pump & System Controllers - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

If you have to have a booster then this will just 'plug' in without any additional controllers as it has one already built in.

Switched Booster Pump Kit - 240v for PRF-RO systems - Booster Pumps - Water Treatment - Pure Water Systems - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

I'm not sure why you are replacing membranes that often. How often do you replace your prefilters? What is your pure to waste ratio whilst producing water|? ie liters of waste to liters of pure at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back