Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory roof

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
I would use weak ubik solution on it and will be fineTalking very weak like a slosh in a bucket of water

I then dip the brush in it and do a panel of the roof

No letting it dwell just crack on with it

I totally agree @Tuffers but i will get the squeegee out on a pole if there are lots of bits on the glass and drag them off with the water before final rinse with pure..just cos it makes it so much easier to rinse all the little bits off
If there's loads of :turd: on the glass it's always useful to have a clean brush at hand, then rinse ON the glass to bring down any bits that are left. Trying to rinse bits off a glass roof with just the water flowing from the top will cost you a lot of water and time. Try rinsing ON the glass and see how much quicker it is :thumbsup:

But will a washing liquid still be any good on it. Other then that think I will stick with pure unless it's being a pig and I will use a bit of Ubik Thanks for all your help

I'd still do it WFP.
Me too at first but if priced well I would squeegee off

You can stand there all day rinsing but it will still be covered in little bits due to angle of glass and film can be sticky

I used to do loads when asked but now it needs be seriously worth my while or i can't be arsed

If it's self cleaning. Your best bet IS fairy (Ecover is even better) you just want something to help you clean.

If it's pilkinton K blue tint DONT use UBIK. I followed on from a WFP expert this year and he had ruined the coating.

Thermal/solar/self cleaning combo is rare.

List of approved cleaners inc's MR muscle, which is really acidic. If you get the glass one. I used it this year and NO way I would use it again.

Soft brush is good but it can leave brush strokes in glass as its too soft.

With this time of the year try and get customer to heat the room If they can. Wil make your job just that little bit easier.

I used fairy on it today. Hard work but was happy with the result. Thanks for all the replays. Won't be in a rush to do a never 1

Was happy the way I priced it. Was happy with the result. But still being new in the game think with experience may not take so long in the future

I done mine in heavy rain today. And at 1 Point I was thinking y am I doing this. But at the end I had a happy customer.

It was a first for me today. Been really enjoying it. I suppose we all get days like that lol

Back