Surflo pump problem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by David Williams, Feb 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Help me please!!!!!
    I have just bought another surflo pump 100psi on demand
    The problem is it will not cut out when I turn my tap off at the pole end
    Just keeps running making a funny noise and when I turn the tap back on the pressure built up is massive.
    Why won't it cut out like it should.
    Any help please
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Sounds like it needs a pressure switch

3. I thought and was told by surflo that this would cut out if pressure built up?????
    The pump is on demand.
    Wasn't told about a pressure switch
    Where do I get this and is it easy to fit?
    Thanks

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Are you using it with a controller? If so, try calibrating it.

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I think they're standard on pumps but I've only ever bought one so don't know a lot about them.
    ve a look at the pictures on Window Cleaning Warehouse & see if it matches what you've got is all I can say.

6. I am using a controller that is fitted in the van so it is a pain in the backside when I need to turn pump on or off.
    So I thought on demand would cut out if pressure built up when I turned the tap off at the pole.
    How do I calibrate it?
    Sorry if I sound thick but I'm pretty new to this I had my system fitted by K systems a year ago.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Turn pump on and hold + and return together for about 3 seconds. That will bring up the setting your calibration is set to. Hit the + to higher the setting or the - to lower it.

8. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

im sure some one else had this problem on a thread i read. I think you will need to adjust the pressure by the screw on the bottom of the pump

9. My pump controller is just a box with a *** that turns there is no plus or minus buttons or digital display
    Guess I got sold the cheap one.
    Any ideas how to calibrate this ?
    Will look tomorrow for adjustment screw on pump.

Advertisement