Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tax disc holder - emergency contact information

W

WWC

With tax discs being faded out, one of the police services in England came up with a new idea - use the tax disc to store "In Case of Emergency" information i.e if you have a crash and are not able to respond, then the emergency services have some information on you and who to contact.

Download this pdf, print, fill in, cut out and put in tax disc holder in your car / van

TaxDisc-EmergencyContact.pdf

That's a great idea...Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Only issue I see with that though if your vehicle gets broken into or stolen then scumbags have some of your personal details aswell.:whistle:

I'd never do this as I'm too untrusted and I'd be worried they be a double me walking atound

Other problem if you put your address on is that they know which house to break into to get the keys, assuming it's parked on the road outside.

Identity theft is a huge problem at the moment. This is almost like handing it to them on a plate. I'd much rather use the space to abuse traffic wardens./emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh its okay i will just put david smith.:rolleyes:...surely....a couple of phone numbers is all they need.....after all ...thats where they currently head for your phone....trouble is....mine is pin locked...i think i will just put my website down.../emoticons/biggrin.png

not forgetting .....your number plate will carry a lot of info anyway...

Other problem if you put your address on is that they know which house to break into to get the keys, assuming it's parked on the road outside.
You can't see the info unless you take it out of the disc holder and unfold it.

Police can check information already stored on the vehicle reg data base, plus whatever info being carried upon the person ie driving licence...phone...credit cards.

The info on this disc is primarily who to contact in case of an emergency. The only details of yours is - Name, DOB, and any important medical info e.g. allergic to penicillin, insulin dependent etc. Its not going to get you robbed or give financial information. Have a look at it.

This was designed by a police force so, I guess it is important for the emergency services to have easy access to this information.

I used to be involved in dangerous sports, so this type of thing appeals to me. In fact I had a laminated card around my neck under my sports gear with my info, medical details and next of kin. No need to do that these days. I lost the taste for putting my life at risk for fun when my daughter was born.

Have a look at it.

Can't.....doesn't show the PDF on my screen but I now get the idea what you mean.....good for allergies blood group etc etc :thumbsup:.

ps

Why you up so early...thought I was the only 'weirdo' who can't sleep :rofl:.

Last edited by a moderator:
ps

Why you up so early...thought I was the only 'weirdo' who can't sleep :rofl:.
I am up early in the mornings, and sometimes read and post on here when I am not sleeping well (lying in bed of reading on Tapatalk) . So, some of my posts can be at strange times

Back