Swivel joint on reel

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by jimmyboots, Dec 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

4. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Yes it does Tuffers . I have taken apart with Allen key and put all sorts in to stop leaks but they never last. Does that connector stand up much to wear?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The only thing I've ever had to change is the female Hozelock fitting. I only buy the B&Q 99p ones anyway. My way of thinking is this. If a water connection is allowed to be a moving part it will eventually start to leak.

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Thats true Tuffers. What gets me though, is those swivel joints are sold to do a job presumably without leaking. If they eventually wore by the rubber seal, then fair enough, but they mainly leak from the thread. Seems to me they are not really well made. They not cheap either :rolleyes:
    Might try the straight one then. See how long it lasts. The angle of the swivel suits the trolley though. Hmmmmmm

Advertisement